Notices

JRSC Rebuild help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 04:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JRSC Rebuild help!!!

Hello fellas,
I recently purchased a b16 jrsc set up and cannot seem to find any info anywhere on rebuilding it. If anyone has a link to a rebuild write up thread or if anyome can help me with exactly what seals and bearings I will need to rebuild mine. Any help you guys are able to offer would be much appreciated.

Thank you all in advance for any help given.
Old 01-13-2015, 04:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 365 Likes on 271 Posts
Default Re: JRSC Rebuild help!!!

Call Larry at Endyn. When I had a Jackson Supercharger I sent him my Supercharger to get some port work done to it. He may be able to give you some ideas of what you may be missing.

Or you can call John at LHT Performance, he does a lot of stuff with the Jackson Supercharger and sell the air to water intercooler kits.

If I were you I would sell the supercharger and buy a turbo or get a different supercharger kit. Links below of two places that can answer some questions.

The Old One - Energy Dynamics
Home Page
Old 01-13-2015, 06:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by AZ_CIVIC
Call Larry at Endyn. When I had a Jackson Supercharger I sent him my Supercharger to get some port work done to it. He may be able to give you some ideas of what you may be missing.

Or you can call John at LHT Performance, he does a lot of stuff with the Jackson Supercharger and sell the air to water intercooler kits.

If I were you I would sell the supercharger and buy a turbo or get a different supercharger kit. Links below of two places that can answer some questions.

The Old One - Energy Dynamics
Home Page
I'm pretty dead set on using the jrsc set up and i cant afford the lht set up and I'm not planning on running much boost anyway so temp shouldn't be touch of an issue. And I can't really afford to have the blower set out and rebuilt so I am planning on rebuilding it myself. I just need to figure out exactly what bearing and seals I need and make some advice and tips on how to rebuild this thing. Or if I even need to rebuild it.
Old 01-13-2015, 07:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 365 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by bigjon1378
I'm pretty dead set on using the jrsc set up and i cant afford the lht set up and I'm not planning on running much boost anyway so temp shouldn't be touch of an issue. And I can't really afford to have the blower set out and rebuilt so I am planning on rebuilding it myself. I just need to figure out exactly what bearing and seals I need and make some advice and tips on how to rebuild this thing. Or if I even need to rebuild it.
Yes, call either people from both links and they can help you out. John at LHT has a lot of experience with the Jackson kit and can give you info, tips and probably places to buy replacement parts.

Just pick up the phone.
Old 01-13-2015, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by AZ_CIVIC
Yes, call either people from both links and they can help you out. John at LHT has a lot of experience with the Jackson kit and can give you info, tips and probably places to buy replacement parts.

Just pick up the phone.
Right on, thank you sir
Old 01-13-2015, 11:53 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

If it's a b series kit it should be an Eaton M62 so just look up kits for that.

What do you mean by rebuild? Just new bearings, seals, and oil?

If it were me while I had the charger apart I'd send the case and s tube out to have them ported. Also I don't know what kind of pressure and power levels you plan on running but if it's much over what the base jrsc kit makes I'd strongly suggest looking into an intercooler. At high boost/rpm levels aroots tyou're blowerseverely hearts up the air leaving the blower. IATs are critical in making power, efficiency, and preventingdetonation so the lower the better
Old 01-13-2015, 02:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wantboost
If it's a b series kit it should be an Eaton M62 so just look up kits for that.

What do you mean by rebuild? Just new bearings, seals, and oil?

If it were me while I had the charger apart I'd send the case and s tube out to have them ported. Also I don't know what kind of pressure and power levels you plan on running but if it's much over what the base jrsc kit makes I'd strongly suggest looking into an intercooler. At high boost/rpm levels aroots tyou're blowerseverely hearts up the air leaving the blower. IATs are critical in making power, efficiency, and preventingdetonation so the lower the better
I'm just using my stock b16 crank pulley, the regular alternator pulley and the 4.2" blower pulley.
Old 01-13-2015, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump
Old 01-14-2015, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can buy rebuild kits for the M62 on ebay and also the Oil that it uses is GM supercharger oil.
Like Wantboost said, if your going to take it all apart might as well port it out especially the S-tube to port match ur throttle body
Old 01-15-2015, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had my blower rebuilt here: Supercharger Rebuild Services from Embree Machine at the The High Speed Lab, Eaton, MINI Cooper S R53, Powerdyne, Kenne Bell & Whipple Supercharger Rebuild Services & Supercharger Kits