Notices

Jrsc Power

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jrsc Power

Well i have got a Jrsc on a 00si and running 9 - 10 psi of boost. I seem to have the problem with running lean at higher rpm. I have adjusted fuel pressure retarted timing to the max it can be done without sacraficing to much power. I am pullin .9 volts from a volt meter off the o2 sensor at the ecu. , I want to be running 1 volt the last green light on the A/F gauge. and suggestions on making the car run richer?? any help wouldbe great.
Old 05-07-2003, 10:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Jrsc Power (B16AHondaSi)

well at 9-10 psi, i wouldnt recommend tuning with a narrowband o2 sensor. also, from the sounds of it, you're using an FMU. is this correct? if so, most people will recommend some other form of fuel management as FMU's arent too good for accurate tuning (esp at higher boost levels). hondata would be your best option, but if thats out of range as far as budget, consider the SMC+ with 440 injectors or the AFC hack. but definately get a wideband sensor or go to a dyno that has one to tune with.
Old 05-07-2003, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Jrsc Power (keebler65)

Keebler is pretty much dead on. At that kind of boost, you don't want to run an FMU. Especially one at a 5:1 rate like the jackson unit. At 10psi, you are probably running in the 100 psi fuel pressure range, and that's just not good for your injectors, or motor.

If you're serious anout performance with your jrsc, get an AEM or Hondata ecu setup. You won't run lean again.
Old 05-07-2003, 10:43 AM

Default Re: Jrsc Power (keebler65)

I am trying to mke some serious power with the jackson racing. I know it can be done even though most people say it cant. This is my first time with boost so there a fe things like this that i dont understand, Thank you guys for your input i aprecitate it, I willhave to look into some of these things.
Old 05-07-2003, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hondata has worked great for me, judging by what little I know about your current setup it looks like your could run 310cc injectors. If you want to spray ontop of that I'd run 440's.
Old 05-07-2003, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm not sure if you're aware of it, but LHT in Florida has designed an aftercooler system for the jrsc. It appears to be a pretty cool setup.

check out lhtperformance.net or search the HT site for pics and info.
Old 05-07-2003, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hypa)

Before getting the intercooler, you need proper fuel/ignition/vtec managment.

The Hondata with 310s will not be enough at that boost lever. You will need at least 440's and 550's if you plan to you NOS on thop of the boost. Better to have injectors that are too big for the application than too small.

If you go Hondata you won't be sorry, and we already have a map available for high boost on an SI. The complete big boost kit is available with Hondata, injectors, Pulley/belt and pretuned chip from Moss Motors.
Old 05-07-2003, 11:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Spunkster)

Get the map controller and you will have plenty of fuel. You will probably have to turn down your FMU. Your 310's will be plenty. If you want to make the power, the Hondata will be the cleanest solution.

Good luck.

And you can make power on those things, I promise. (I made 249whp and 179 tq at 11psi on pump gas a couple years ago).

Old 05-07-2003, 11:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Speedworks801)

The MAP controller will not allow you to have plenty of fuel....all it really helps with is the tip in detonation. Once you reach 100% duty cycle, you cannot exceed that, and runnig high fuel pressures to compensate is a bad idea.

I have a BTC, VPAC and Map Controller sitting on my shelf, and notice I'm not trying to sell it to you.
Old 05-08-2003, 04:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i have a brand new JR BTC and electric FP gauge for sale if ya like. killer pricing ...
Old 05-08-2003, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Jrsc Power (vactor)

The map controller WILL give you more fuel, the 310's are good with the FMU to over 300hp conservatively and I am not trying to sell anything!

Try the map controller on a wideband and you will see a dramatic difference. 310's at that boost pressure are not even working hard with the FMU.

Don't argue with me. This guy is asking for advice. Give yours and leave it alone.

Old 05-08-2003, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Jrsc Power (Speedworks801)

or if he went the SMC route he wouldnt need the map controller and he would have more tuning capabilities....
Old 05-08-2003, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Jrsc Power (Speedworks801)

I'm not arguing here, but I had one of the very first Map Controllers, which was installed by Oscar and he explained it's operation fully. I want people to be properly informed and understand how things work.

Also here is the description of exactly what the Map Controller does:

"Continuing in Jackson Racing's effort to bring the latest in electronic technology to the market, we have now released our new MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) signal controller. We take advantage of the quick operation of the factory MAP sensor and combine it with our advanced electronic circuitry to allow faster and more complete control of the fuel curve. With the new MAP Controller installed, the MAP sensor is now able to read boost without illuminating the "check engine" light. Electronically, we convert this new MAP signal, which now reads vacuum and boost, to put the ECU into open loop operation immediately upon reaching 0 vacuum. The benefits are a smoother transition from vacuum to boost and lower overall "tip-in" fuel pressure settings."

All this does is allow the map sensor to see bost without throwing a CE or going into limp mode. It was designed to replace the Fuel enrichment relay that ran of the temp sensor and fooled the ecu into thinking it was freezing cold outside. If you are maxing out the injectors at 100% duty cycle, you cannot exceed 100%. Once they are completely open, all you can do is increase fuel pressure which has nothign to do with the map controller.

Modified by Spunkster at 10:06 PM 5/8/2003
Old 05-21-2003, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Jrsc Power (Spunkster)

I too want people to be properly informed. PUT A WIDEBAND ON IT AND POST ME BACK. YOU WILL SEE THE RESULT!

THANKS AGAIN
Old 05-21-2003, 02:48 PM

Default Re: (hypa)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hypa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm not sure if you're aware of it, but LHT in Florida has designed an aftercooler system for the jrsc. It appears to be a pretty cool setup.

check out lhtperformance.net or search the HT site for pics and info.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yes, but that will only require more fuel, of which he is already lacking.