Notices

JRSC not boosting. HELP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JRSC not boosting. HELP!!!!!

Ok, My friend installed his JRSC a couple weeks ago. Everything appears to be installed correctly, and in good working condition...

Problem, NO BOOST! Car whines as the supercharger is spinning up, but does not reach boost, has reached the most of 3psi when car was cold and went down is psi from there.

Engine is a GSR 1.8 vtec.

I have already checked-

-Belts, nice and tight. Can hear charger spinning up when driving also

-Changed between 3 different boost gauges

-Checked for boost leaks, pvc pipe onto rubber coupler, Air hose into pipe. Car held 24 psi before leaking out our homemade leak tester

-Checked to see inside the supercharger that the fins were moving, were rotating correctly.

-Adjusted valves

-Compresion tested- 175-180-180-170

-Checked By-pass valve moved as vacume is drawn from it with vacume pump tester. Also moves when throttle is snapped.

-Checked By-pass valve butterfly- apeared to be moving along with valve actuator correctly

-Checked PCV valve-Good but still replaced with a new one.

I have called JRSC/Kraftwerks many times, left messages in the tech support area and have never be gotten back to. I'm Lost...... HELP ME!
Old 05-08-2009, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JRSC not boosting. HELP!!!!!

Have you checked to make sure the bypass valve is sealing all the way? Seems to me like your leaking boost either through that or threw a vacuum leak somewhere. how much vacuum are you pulling at idle?
Old 05-08-2009, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The seal between the blower and the manifold, I've had that gasket go bad before. I found the leak with a rubber hose to my ear, running it around my whole setup until I heard the hiss from the vacuum leak.

Belt spippage at higher RPM's could do it as well, try tightening the belts just a bit more and see if it gets any better. I had to tighten mine several times before I got it right. They will stretch a bit when new as well, necessitating some adjustment. It will look like the blower is spinning fine, but slippage will cause it to sping slower than it needs to in order to make boost.

Messed up hose from bypass valve to intake tube, I've done that a couple of times, it's hard to see all the way around it to make sure it's on there right.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'll try tightening the belt once again.

The by-pass valve is moving correctly, opens/cloese. I borrowed my Dads Snap-On Digital stethascope, it appeared to move just fine. Brand new vaume line off of the valve also.

As for the Gasket leakage, I pressure tested the system and got no leaks, but I most definetly will check again.

Any more input???
Old 05-09-2009, 04:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Have you had the car tuned yet? does it feel alot faster than when it didnt have the s/c? I cant see how a s/c that is spinning at the correct rate, not leaking, and running through a helathy motor would not build boost. Is your TB not opening all the way? Does the car run good besides this strange problem?
Old 05-11-2009, 05:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Anymore input? I can't figure this out....
Old 08-18-2009, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ever figure it out?