Notices

JRSC & N2O....experience with the combo? Feedback on this?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 02:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JRSC & N2O....experience with the combo? Feedback on this?

I tried searching on here for people that have combined JRSC and N2O. I know there might be a few setups on the JRSC Setup thread...but let's be honest...it would take me a month to find them!

I was considering adding a shot of N2O on top of my ported, intercooled JRSC setup. I plan on running ~12 lbs of boost on a GSR w/ forged pistons & rods and a CR of hopefully ~10:1-11:1. I haven't put the engine together....these are just things I'm kicking around.

I'd read and heard from people that JRSC setups really react well to N2O shots sprayed through the blower due to cooling of the blower, etc. I've heard that you pick up 120-150% of what the shot's rated at by doing this (i.e. a "50 shot" picking up ~75 WHP). Could be total BS, I don't know. It might not be nearly as pronounced a gain with my planned setup b/c the times I'd heard about such huge gains were on non-intercooled setups.

Car is going to be tuned on S300. I was planning on spraying just the nitrous and using larger injectors (I currently have some RC 750 cc) and let them pick up the fueling using S300.

Thoughts? Thanks a lot.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:14 PM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: JRSC & N2O....experience with the combo? Feedback on this?

Hmm...never thought of this. My initial thought was that the N2O would not be safe going through the blower, but at the same time, it does have cooling properties. I honestly can't answer your question, but i'm interested to see what comes of this...
Old 04-16-2009, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tons of the guys do it. ALot of the guys are making well over 300whp with a small shot. the shot does cool the blower down and the charge down which is better for power.
Old 04-17-2009, 12:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JDMCRX
Tons of the guys do it. ALot of the guys are making well over 300whp with a small shot. the shot does cool the blower down and the charge down which is better for power.
I'd read some examples quite a while ago. Too bad I didn't bookmark them and I couldn't find any examples by searching.

I'd like to see some examples. It really seems like a FUN combination.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

in for some examples!!! i know the domestic crowd uses this setup all the time with greta results but i wouldnt run it without an s300 which has nitrous control...
Old 04-17-2009, 02:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by C_Rock77
I was considering adding a shot of N2O on top of my ported, intercooled JRSC setup. I plan on running ~12 lbs of boost on a GSR w/ forged pistons & rods and a CR of hopefully ~10:1-11:1. I haven't put the engine together....these are just things I'm kicking around.
anybody think 10:1-11:1 isnt a good CR for this setup i was thinking somewhere around 8:1-9:1 for more power correct me if im wrong
Old 04-17-2009, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by LobeSex
anybody think 10:1-11:1 isnt a good CR for this setup i was thinking somewhere around 8:1-9:1 for more power correct me if im wrong
well IIRC, supercharged engines benifit from a slightly higher CR then say a turbo would but whether the N20 would change things in that dept. im not sure of although i dont think he's going to be building the motor to run solely N20, rather, hes just considering the N20 as a back up for those needed moments...but ive been really interested in what others have been running as i want to try the same thing. from what ive gathered, the safest setup to run would be a dry shot pre blower as the fuel from a wet shot may strip the tempature coating on the rotors. what i would like to know is if anybody has run a wet shot post blower (tapped in the manifold somehow) to avoid this occuring?
Old 04-18-2009, 04:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah...you're correct on your assumption about what my plans are. Car is a STREET car.

I'm considering a "dry" shot for just the very reasons you mentioned. S300 should be able to pick up all the fueling that I need w/ the shot (considering I'm running 750cc injectors). I HAVE heard that the S300 Nitrous control is even much better than running any kind of fogger system. Makes sense considering it can meter fuel even more exactly and give a better atomization than a fogger (or am I incorrect in this conclusion?).
Old 04-18-2009, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by C_Rock77
Yeah...you're correct on your assumption about what my plans are. Car is a STREET car.

I'm considering a "dry" shot for just the very reasons you mentioned. S300 should be able to pick up all the fueling that I need w/ the shot (considering I'm running 750cc injectors). I HAVE heard that the S300 Nitrous control is even much better than running any kind of fogger system. Makes sense considering it can meter fuel even more exactly and give a better atomization than a fogger (or am I incorrect in this conclusion?).
The dry shot with the s300 nitrous control setup would technically be better than any fogger system. Its got more settings and mapping for your fuel to better handle the shot. But the bigger, more wet the shot, will always produce more power. You know how the rest goes.

But there isn't much speculation you can make without actual numbers on the dyno. But n2o+JRSC on a dry shot would be an interesting set up that would produce some damn good numbers. Would be especially fun on the street. Let us know how the setup goes if you decide to do it.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i found this video on youtube and it looks absolutley nuts!! cant wait to throw the spray on my jrsc'ed crx! he's on a 25 shot dry with 9psi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0Ij7...e=channel_page
Old 04-19-2009, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Here is my experience from back when I ran a shop and one of our shop cars was setup on a stock gsr motor with an intercooled JRSC setup running a 30 wet shot.

On the dyno we were seeing the 30 shot making a difference of 60 whp. And the car dyno's a little over 300 to the wheels and ran some high 11's in a full bodied teg.

CAr ran great for a while and made alot of passes on the track etc. After one run at the track the car made a horrible grinding noise and we shut it down. Upon tear down two of the allen bolt heads that hold the charger to the manifold had sheared off and run through the charger, theyu got stuck in the charger and stayed out of the engine. They were not overtorqued and had not been re-tightened recently. WE concluded that the temp cycling of runnig the blower with and without nitrous at the track that night and over time had fatigued the bolts. We abandoned that setup but if I were to do it again I'd run a wet direct port setup and try to keep the nitrous out of the blower itself.

If you are going to run it through the blower I'd suggest upgrading to higher grade bolts and change them out after trackdaysor heavy nitrous use.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I wanted to do this for a while never found any good info or set ups running this

Really interested have a direct port wet 125 shot already on a built motor with 9:1 compression

motor is built for boost. But i could toy with a cheap JRSC set up for fun.

Tell me how it goes since already got the nitrous and motor to handle it.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:00 PM
New User

A lot of the supercharged Mustang guys run 30 shot wet N2O setups. Anything more than a 30 shot on stock internals is risky; a 60 shot on an non O-ringed block/heads is REALLY pushing it.

With a 10:1 or even 11:1 compression ratio, you may want to consider NOT using N2O, and going with a water/methanol injection system instead. That way, you can run higher boost and won't suffer the same type of heat-cycling you'll see using N2O.

Just a thought.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yah just want to try something different. My block is fully built sleeved etc so should be okay for the present.

Probably going to just run a 50 shot with the turbo when i get it.

Still in for some info

Think though no lag more torque.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by MichaelN
A lot of the supercharged Mustang guys run 30 shot wet N2O setups. Anything more than a 30 shot on stock internals is risky; a 60 shot on an non O-ringed block/heads is REALLY pushing it.

With a 10:1 or even 11:1 compression ratio, you may want to consider NOT using N2O, and going with a water/methanol injection system instead. That way, you can run higher boost and won't suffer the same type of heat-cycling you'll see using N2O.

Just a thought.
ive heard we dont see good gains on our cars with meth and what not and to just leave it for the evo guys 12 psi is the max i have heard of anybody running on the lht setup would there intercooler stay effcient pass that or with a shot
Old 05-15-2009, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

right now i'm running a 90% stock gsr with a jrsc pushin 8 psi of boost. But i was lookin to change to the 3.8 nos pulley, use a b20 crank pulley, get a motorvations stepper pulley, and get it tuned to hondata s300, (also goin lht intercooled sometime soon) lookin for 11-12 psi (or more)

But i've heard from first hand experience from my brother that

A zex 75 direct port wet shot is the way to go.

Any ideas or setup flaws
Old 05-15-2009, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

common, somebody has gt to have some good ideas??
Old 05-15-2009, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i hear zex also makes what they call a safe shot and it's supposed to have a cooling effect lowering engine temps and increasing hp by like 25 maybe or some ***** **** like that

I'ld say nothing less than a 50 or 75 shot or go ***** out and blow a 100 or more direct shot,

one good thing that the s300 can do is you can get it tuned to blow X amount of NO2 at X rpm's making it safer and more accesable to even the dumbest noobs.

But don't go cheap *** on the tuning that's were if you cut corners ****'ll blow

(blowing an engine just means rebuild and supercharge)