Notices

JRSC Missing MAP adapter

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 06:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JRSC Missing MAP adapter

Hey, i dont know if the seller forgot to include the MAP sensor adapter or if i lost it... who knows... but doesnt the stock throttle body have a place for the MAP sensor?

Do i have to spend the $60 on the adapter? or can i get away without using it? Obviously the best solution would be to get the MAP adapter shipped to me, but the install is starting next wednesday, and i dont believe it will make it on time. (figure i order and it ships monday, it would probably take a week to get to me)

I need to know if my car will still drive without doing any damage to itself without the MAP adapter. I'm looking for someone that has had experience with this, I'm going to order the adapter but it will probably show up after the install is over. I only have a small window of time to get this install done.

i need to drive 250 miles without the MAP adapter assuming the car will drive. What kind of problems will i see?
Old 11-21-2003, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JRSC Missing MAP adapter (lenn)

you can drive without the MAP adapter, just don't hit boost, which is kinda hard to do on daily driving. Make a plate the shape of the map sensor, thread a barb niple and run check valves, it should help you until you get the map adapter

stan
Old 11-21-2003, 07:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks a lot for the useful input, would you know what I should expect if i hit boost without the MAP adapter?

Doesnt my stock throttle body come with a map sensor already that i could use? I dont really understand the "plate the shape of the map sensor, thread a barb nipple and run check valves" part....

sorry about the mewbie questions, whats a check valve supposed to look like? care to be artistic and draw in MSpaint for me? hehe... thanks a million!
Old 11-21-2003, 10:04 PM

Default Re: (lenn)

Just buy the adapter. As I replied in your po.com thread, you need it. The adapter blocks off the stock MAP location on the throttle body and provides a nipple for a vacuum line that you run to a source that "sees" both vacuum and boost. With the JR "ems" it is imperative that the MAP sensor be able to "see" boost. That is the purpose of the adapter. I would highly recommend NOT trying to run with the blower installed and the MAP sensor not properly set up. If you were to hit boost with it installed like that, you would run VERY lean and probably damage something.