Notices

JRSC keeps stalling, when throttle opened.......

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JRSC keeps stalling, when throttle opened.......

the car is a 97 lude h22a4,i recently installed this unit 2 days ago i had some idle surge problems and got them all solved, NOW im trying to rev the car up and as soon as i rev it (open the trottle body) it acts like it wants to rev then completely shuts off... no vacume leaks boost gauge reads -20-18 vac, no DTC's.

the car is still on stock injectors,it has a Walbro 255hp,JR FPR,JR EMS, and the other misc bolt ons

any information whould really help me i need to get the car running with in 2 days to get back to the naval base

hey even call call me if you want i relly need some info 321-437-9852 or 407-414-4170 any time.....night or day
Old 12-31-2008, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JRSC keeps stalling, when throttle opened.......

Where is your map sensor plumbed into??
Old 12-31-2008, 09:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not really familiar with the setup on the Preludes, but could your MAP sensor and your TPS plugs be mixed up? That behaviour sounds a lot like what happens to Civics and Integras when these plugs are swapped.

Originally Posted by daveb91
Where is your map sensor plumbed into??
If you're running the Jackson engine management stuff (FPR, etc...) you leave your MAP plumbed like OEM.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Jaker
I'm not really familiar with the setup on the Preludes, but could your MAP sensor and your TPS plugs be mixed up? That behaviour sounds a lot like what happens to Civics and Integras when these plugs are swapped.

If you're running the Jackson engine management stuff (FPR, etc...) you leave your MAP plumbed like OEM.
ill check the two plugs but i doubt that is since i have no CEL and the map plug doesnt reach that far over to the tps but ima check it out....

also im running the modified plumed block from the JR kit for the map sensor, so you suggest i put it back like OEM?

thanks for the replys
Old 12-31-2008, 11:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

jaker that was the problem thanks for the help!!!!

do you guyz recommend getting bigger injectors ?if so wat kind ? i seen rc or fic's also should i stay stauarted since its an obd2 car ? or how does it work ? lmk

Last edited by 92LUDA23; 12-31-2008 at 11:46 PM.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You'd have to show us a picture of the MAP block. Chances are you should change back to the OEM setup if you're running the Jackson FPR. I don't know that much about the Jackson engine management stuff. Most people run some form of user programmable engine management. If you want to use bigger injectors, you should ditch the FPR and run Crome or Hondata, etc... I understand that you need to drive the car back to base, but be really careful and stay out of boost till you're sure things are running correctly. I'd hate for you to blow your engine because you were rushed.

There's a really big thread in this forum with almost 500 pages of info about supercharger setups.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Find some bigger inj like a nicely priced DSM 450s or whatever you want and get what Jaker said Crome hondata or also neptune seems to be looking better all the time. Then like said you will have to plumb your map to see boost when running the chipped ecu. I also think you will have to convert back to OBD1 to do some of this. Look into it when you get to the point you want to upgrade. And yes that thread is BIG and Full of info!!!!
Old 01-01-2009, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Jaker to the rescue
Old 01-01-2009, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Jaker
You'd have to show us a picture of the MAP block. Chances are you should change back to the OEM setup if you're running the Jackson FPR. I don't know that much about the Jackson engine management stuff. Most people run some form of user programmable engine management. If you want to use bigger injectors, you should ditch the FPR and run Crome or Hondata, etc... I understand that you need to drive the car back to base, but be really careful and stay out of boost till you're sure things are running correctly. I'd hate for you to blow your engine because you were rushed.

There's a really big thread in this forum with almost 500 pages of info about supercharger setups.
thanks jaker for the responce... i have a new problem maybe u can help...well now the car runs , but now when you go more than 1/4 throttle the car will start to jerk n studder, i got a check eng light i checked the code and it was reading knock so i retared the boost timing, then no more check eng but it still jerks n hesitate and feels like its blank,(i had the petal down and no response) and the boost gauge read like 6-7 psi but the car doesnt react with it ... lmk
Old 01-01-2009, 10:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

We'll need to see some pics. It sounds like your FPR or your Jackson fueling stuff isn't doing its job. Take some close up detailed pics of the FPR and other engine management stuff and post them up here.

Otherwise its like operating with our eyes closed. We know the symptoms, but we can't see what we're doing.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 92LUDA23
thanks jaker for the responce... i have a new problem maybe u can help...well now the car runs , but now when you go more than 1/4 throttle the car will start to jerk n studder, i got a check eng light i checked the code and it was reading knock so i retared the boost timing, then no more check eng but it still jerks n hesitate and feels like its blank,(i had the petal down and no response) and the boost gauge read like 6-7 psi but the car doesnt react with it ... lmk
Sounds like you are running leaner then hell. I would stop flooring it and get a wideband in there ASAP to see whats going on.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Do you have a fuel pressure gauge??