Notices

JRSC Install, My mechanic screwed me over, so now i need help

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 04:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JRSC Install, My mechanic screwed me over, so now i need help

Wazzup, My stupid story starts back in march when my mechanic also a real good friend at the time agreed to install my jrsc supercharger on my 94 integra gsr with a b18c motor obd1. Since then he has come here and there to put in about 1 hr 4 times after me calling him and stalking him. Mind you i was willing to pay him whatever price he said. The majority of the work in my opinion has been done already and since then i have brought some tool and am ready to work on the carby myself. I have some experience working on cars i just don't think i know that much to go at it myself so that's why im posting this thread. I will include pics of my concerns and problems and this will be an updated post. My car has had the skunk2 manifold and a type r throttle cable and throttle cable bracket and i guess they modified some wires and sensors too in the process.
This is going to be my set up :
obd1 gsr B18c1 motor
skunk2 68mm throttle body
Aem 3" intake
skunk2 cam gears
skunk2 Valve springs retainers
dsm 440 injectors
aem fuel rail,aem fpr,aem fuel filter
wahlbro 255lph pump
i'm gonna be tuning with a hondata s200 w/boost.
Here are some pictures with questions that i have (updated on 8-7-07):

The pics i'm putting up now are the currrent issues i have im almost done. the first one asks about the skunk2 throttlebody i am using, i guess the install is diffrent from the oem gsr throttlebody and just so that you guy know i am trying to attach the throttle cable to the throttle body and i really tried to do it but for some reason i just cant get it right. I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO KNOW IF THE JRSC COMES WITH ITS OWN THROTTLE CABLE BRACKET BECAUSE I DONT HAVE ONE.

The second pic shows how the cable is right now im asking if i should change the type r throttle cable to a gsr one to help out the build.

The third picture i have is a question about vaccum lines and 2 gauges that i will be using in the car a boost gauge and a air /fuel gauge.

Once again thanks for all the input it is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all your help.

Modified by undagroundrican at 6:36 PM 8/7/2007

Modified by undagroundrican at 2:59 PM 8/9/2007
Old 07-25-2007, 04:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JRSC Install, My mechanic screwed me over, so now i need help (undagroundrican)

Sounds like you have a crappy friend.

The red hose needs to be connected to a vacuum source. One washer goes on each side of the fitting on the fuel filter. That black hose (in the 10th pic) is the fuel return hose. It connects to the bottom of the fuel pressure regulator. (Pic 11) looks there is enough clearance. You can move the hose if you feel you need to. In the last pic, connect that small hose to the fitting (It is the vac/press source for the fuel pressure regulator).
Old 07-25-2007, 05:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JRSC Install, My mechanic screwed me over, so now i need help (undagroundrican)

First image: the long bracket connects to the alternator bracket. There is a spacer in there somewhere, I just don't remember at what end it is.

second: looks good to me.

third: that is for coolant, different cars have different setups. if all of your coolant hoses are accounted for, then you don't need it. if you have an extra hose somewhere, that's where it goes.

forth: there should be a nipple on the blower case below the bypass valve, use that. Kind of hard to tell, but shouldn't there be an S tube in there? it looks like the TB is connected directly to the blower.

fifth: I believe the canister is called the evap purge selenoid. I think it is properly connected, if I remember, one end goes to a nipple on the blower and the other end goes to the canister. the vacumn line is too generic for me to help you with. just follow the instructions.

Sixth/seventh/eight: The throttle position sensor (on the throttle body) and the MAP sensor (on the MAP) have identical plugs. can't tell you off the top of my head which one goes where, but I am betting the 3 wire is for the TPS. If the car doesnt' run right and you get a check engine light, swap those two around. Or someone else can chime in.

nine: hard to tell by the photo, but yes there should be a washer on both sides of the banjo fitting.

ten: looks like the return fuel line. If you are getting it tuned on hondata, connect it to the FPR.

eleven: You should be able to move the top power steering hose out of the way. However, be careful the the BOTTOM power steering hose clears the blower belt. it is a metal hose, so moving it will take a bit of muscle. but be careful or either the hose will chew through belts or the belt will chew through the hose. just check the clearance when you put the belt on.

twelve: fuel connection looks right, and yes that is where you should connect the fpr.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JRSC Install, My mechanic screwed me over, so now i need help (spets)

Updated 8-7-07 Thanks for the help guys!!!
Old 08-07-2007, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

1: I don't know anything about aftermarket throttle bodies, so I can't help you there.

2: I think the ITR throttle cable should be Ok. Yes, there is a throttle cable bracket that is supposed to come with the JRSC kit and it holds the throttle cable out of the way. with the bracket, I think you will eliminate a lot of the slack.

3: I'm not sure what the smaller opening is for, it looks to be a part not included in the JR kit. maybe it is already threaded for a boost gauge line or something? Doesn't look like a typical plug. Whichever you decide to use, just plug the other one and it will be ok.

4: You should get a wideband controller with a wideband o2 sensor, and wire your gauge into that. Wiring it into the factory narrowband sensor is not going to give you any useful information out of it when it comes to tuning.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks any others? primarily about the aftermarket throttle body?
Old 08-07-2007, 09:00 PM

from the looks of that last pic, it seems like your wanting to connect the air fuel gauge to the power steering switch.. NO!!!
Old 08-08-2007, 03:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jameelrose)

power steering switch huh, lol and i thought it was the oxygen sensor but i found the oxygen sensor it the one that going into my headers correct?
Old 08-08-2007, 05:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (undagroundrican)

yes, ur o2 sensor would be in ur exhaust system some where.