Notices

JRSC/ HONDATA USERS!!! HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JRSC/ HONDATA USERS!!! HELP!!!

OK, these may sound like stupid questions, but i'm really desperate...
I'm finishing up my setup which is a JRSC @ ~10psi and a Hondata S200... (B16A head/ GS-R bottom end) Hondata's website calls for using a GS-R IAT sensor on the manifold and relocating the MAP sensor to the manifold so that they can see boost and operate properly...do I have that right?

Now, here's my question...is there any way I can rig up my current IAT to work on this manifold? I have already ordered a GS-R IAT sensor, but i won't find out until tomorrow morning (which happens to be dyno day) if I can get it in time...so i need a backup plan...

also, dealing w/ the MAP sensor...where and how should it be relocated? I remember seeing a pic somewhere that had the sensor attached to the manifold via a red silicon hose, but i can't seem to find that pic anywhere...

so if anybody could help me out, i'd really appreciate it! oh, and pics would work wonders!
thanx..
Old 10-28-2004, 03:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: JRSC/ HONDATA USERS!!! HELP!!! (TheSwift1)

For the map sensor I connected a vacuum line from one of the ports on the back of the manifold to the sensor, and I made a block off plate to put in place of the map on the throttle body. The map sensor just dangles, but you may want to zip tie it to something to be safe. If you left it on the throttle body, it would see no boost. I made the mistake of doing that while trying to tune uberdata..took me a while to figure out. I'm not sure about the IAT.