JRSC fitment for a JDM Sol SiR (B16)

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JRSC fitment for a JDM Sol SiR (B16)

I have a JDM B16a2 Del Sol and am looking to buy a JRSC. I have searched previous posts but not much info is available for my application. I have been told that the 99-00 Civic will fit my application with some slight modifications.

I am on quite a tight budget but am also looking at doing things right. Ideally, i would like to just bolt on the SC and go. Later on, i want to be in a position where if i want to increase boost, then i can. I have a lot of questions that are just nagging me so please bear with me:

1) How easy is it to modify the fitment of the 99-00 Civic JRSC to fit the SiR??
2) Can i literally just bolt the JRSC and go (ok, i know you have to retard timing and adjust the fuel pressure and probably reset the stock ecu)?
3) I already have a (unfitted) Hondata S100 unit - would it be beneficial for me to upgrade to the S200 unit with boost option?
4) If i upgrade, do i need to install bigger fuel injectors (440cc)??
5) What else do you recommend? Remember i am on a tight budget. On the JRSC webiste, the recommend fitting a high performance fuel pump. Would it also be worthwhile going for the Hondata IM gasket too? Anything else?
6) Should i revise the gear ratio's?
7) Are the Stage 1 and 2 upgrades worth the money?

Thanks!

Modified by caranjo at 7:15 PM 4/10/2005
Old 04-10-2005, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: JRSC fitment for a JDM Sol SiR (caranjo)

i ran jrsc on stock b16a with stock inj and fuel pump no problem. 6 psi. as for the kit, you have to make a ring to go on the alternator pulley shaft and then put the jrsc alt pulley on over that kinda like a shim cause the kits are for obd2 alternator and they have a bigger shaft. i used a small hose clamp put it around the shaft and them rubber malleted the double alt pulley on to it. WORKED PERFECT!!!