Notices

JRSC falls flat on its face

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 10:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JRSC falls flat on its face

I have a GSR with a JRSC and occasionally when I step down on it, and make under 4lbs of boost, the car "falls on its face". It sounds like it wants to go, but it doesnt, it feels like it ran into a wall, its alot like when you engine brake, much the same sensation. It doesnt do it all the time, sometimes when im at 3 lbs it will run fine, it is also fine at WOT. Changing my BTC settings seem to help, but not 100%. However, I believe the BTC is wired wrong, because if I move it anymore than 3 clicks to the right from the off position, it does the same thing. So I think either the BTC or the MAP controller, (wired by the same person) could be to blame. That or maybe a sticky IAC valve... What do you think?
gmoore
Old 07-08-2003, 10:45 AM

Default Re: JRSC falls flat on its face (tegunderpressure)

where are you from???? Why only 4psi??? who did the install? give us some more details. like when did this start and the like
Old 07-08-2003, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JRSC falls flat on its face (intercooledJRSC)

Sarasota Fl. It only does this at 4 psi or under, anything more and it wont do it. Skips Auto did the install, very good people, Im not concerned with their work. Its done this before but I just started noticing it today. However, the BTC and MAP controller were both installed prior to me purchasing the car, so I dont know the quality of those installs. I have noticed that the car kind of stutters when I first start it. It idles smooth, and feels fine, but when I release the clutch it sputters until I give it more gas. After driving it 50 feet is stops, and doesnt do it again. However, it still "falls on it face" even after its warm.

The main reason I feel its the BTC is because it does the same thing (falling on its face) 100% of the time when I turn the BTC to the right. Its the exact same feeling.
gmoore

PS- At WOT it makes 7-8 PSI.
Old 07-08-2003, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The BTC and MAP controller work together and are wired together. I suggest downloading the installation manuals from the JR site and go over the install to make sure everythgin is right. Could also be the FPR.

Long term I suggest ditching all that stuff and go with a Hondata or something along those lines.
Old 07-08-2003, 11:35 AM

3 things...

1. Are you using the Jackson FPR? That could be a problem... the older units were known to break but the newer stuff (after Aug. 2000) seems to work OK...

2. Definitely check the wiring on the MAP mod - this thing is designed to get rid of what you are talking about.

3. The BTC should start to noticably affect the timing at around 6 clicks - 3 is funny. What is your timing set at?

Old 07-08-2003, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JRSC falls flat on its face (96IntegraRS)

Im running the Vortech SFMU. It has less than 500 miles on it. With the BTC I had on my other teg I could adjust it from one side to the other, with an effect, but it still ran well. On this, If i move it even two clicks, it runs like ****. I dont know anything about electronics, so I will probably have to have these rewired. Any more suggestions?
gmoore
Old 07-08-2003, 03:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump, can I just unplug the BTC?
gmoore