Notices

JRSC boost upgrade procedure question

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JRSC boost upgrade procedure question

Hi. I currently have a 00si with JRSC at stock boost. I plan on putting on a CRV crank pully to bump it up to 10psi. I was wondering if it's safe for me to drive the car with the CRV pully/rc 440 injectors/walbro 255 fuel pump with the stock ECU before I go get hondata/dyno tune?? The reason why I'm asking this question is because I don't want to have to pay labor for the pully/injectors when I can do it myself.

thanks for reading this
Old 04-28-2003, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JRSC boost upgrade procedure question (sir2k)

get the pulley from theoldone.com it goes on the alternator. few reasons y
1. bigger crank pulley = loss of power be cause of more rotating mass
2. bigger pulley will spin other things like the alternator,faster then what it is designed for.
if your supercharger kit is like mine and it uses that double pulley on the alternator then you will want to listen to me. the stepper pulley from Endyn ( theoldone.com) is 130$ i think
Old 04-28-2003, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: JRSC boost upgrade procedure question (toyosupr)

Contact Wheelking@Webtv.net and buy Jims pulley. MUCH better design than the Endyn stepper. Most people with the Endyn pulley end up having to either modify the pulley or the nut to get it to fit, and there have been many cases of the pulley actually popping off during driving due to the fitment issue.

The MVM pulley is designed to reduce slippage and fit like the stock JR stepper.

To answer your original question, the 440s will be totally whacky without some control. You can pop on the pulley, limp to your tuner without going into boost and put on the injectors along with Hondata and tune from there with a basemap. Once you get partial throttle kickin, hit the dyno and go to town.
Old 04-28-2003, 06:22 PM

You can do it but I wouldnt recommend it. You would be fine most likely but if you are wrong, you're screwed. Save up for the Hondata and download a free base map.
Old 04-29-2003, 12:33 PM

Do you currently have the BTC or MAP controller with your jrsc?
Old 04-30-2003, 10:11 AM

Default Re: JRSC boost upgrade procedure question (fredtoast)

thanks for all the reply

I've tried to install the endyn pully before but the shop that tried to put it on couldn't take the alternator pully off (it would just keep spinning)

I already got the CRV crank pully and I've put it on before and had a fuel management (LINK) but then I blew my motor over reving. and when I had the CRV crank pully on my gay *** autometer boost gauge read 12-13 psi. I think my boost gauge is messed up because it's reading 9 right now when I haven't modified the pully from stock.

anyways. after I blew my motor I changed everything back to stock again with stock boost because I was afraid of blowning up my motor and I was tired of messing with my car (too much $$). Now that I've done more research and decided to go with Hondata I think I'm just going to spend a little bit more money and let the shop install everything and tune it at the same time (RC 440, hondata s200 with boost, CRV crank pully)

I've heard that the CRV pully will spin everything faster but that's only at high rpm, so I'm not too worry about that, even it AC/power steering breaks on me I can replace those or just rip them out. I don't want to try to endyn pully again because it was too much trouble to put it on. I might look into that other pully someon suggested. But as for now I'm going to use the CRV crank pully, I miss that 10psi loosin traction in 2nd gear feeling (only had that for 5 days before blowing my motor last time)

thanks for all the reply again thanks for reading my post