Notices

JG/Edelbrock manifold with 8 injector bosses/ how do I do it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2003, 09:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JG/Edelbrock manifold with 8 injector bosses/ how do I do it?

I have a Zdyne Gold ecu. I was thinking of getting the JG/Edelbrock manifold with 8 injector bosses so I can run 4 310cc injectors during daily driving and 4 450cc comes in under boost. How would I get this to work? Its my daily driver and I don't want to toxic gas gusller. So I figure I could have the best of both worlds with this setup. Can anyone shed light on this? I was thinking orginally to run 720cc injectors and call it a day, but I figure my gasmileage would really take a **** with such a big injector. Views and opinions are welcome.
Old 03-26-2003, 09:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JG/Edelbrock manifold with 8 injector bosses/ how do I do it? (MIKES)

does your ecu control 8 injectors in staged fashion if it doesnt then you would need to use hobbs pressure swithc say set at 1psi of boost to come or maybe 5psi or whatever rating you want. The hobs pressure switch should kick of the ground singal on the second row of injectors. So wire all the injector to the hob pressure siwthc and one side of hob to ground. when the pressure kick it will close the circuit therfore your injectors will come on.

Tap the positive signal to your ecu so you run one line from the 310cc injector to the 550cc injector.

Old 03-26-2003, 09:34 AM

Default Re: JG/Edelbrock manifold with 8 injector bosses/ how do I do it? (b18bturbo)

Rather then busting your *** trying to get a Zdyne to control 8 injectors which it won't or trying to rig something up to make it work, just run the bigger injectors that you wanted to get to begin with. If tuned properly it won't use any more fuel then it needs and it won't be a gas guzler. The reason peoples rides suck on fuel milage is because they use big injectors with shitty management. So they inadvertantly run richer then needed and hence loose hp and efficiency. Get an injector that'll match the power output you plan on putting down and then properly tune it with the Zdyne on a dyno for power. Once you're done with that take it out on the street with a wideband and a friend and tune the part throttle, crusing, idleing, stop and go, etc. Once that's complete that thing will run like it came stock with boost and you'll be very happy with it.

But if you want to look cool when you open the hood, get the dual rail setup.

Use what you have, you don't need 2 size injectors when running a standalone. Remember that if your pulsewidth is .208 on a 250cc injector (stock) it'll most likely be in the .104 range on a 440cc injector, so you can see that you won't gazzle gas with bigger injectors if they are tuned properly with proper management.

Hope this helps...

Old 03-26-2003, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: JG/Edelbrock manifold with 8 injector bosses/ how do I do it? (JRSCCivic98)

This is how I did my injectors...except Ive got the EMS, which can control staged injection...
but ya, you need to just run larger injectors to begin with if you dont have the means to control staged injection...

[Modified by Tinker219, 2:10 PM 3/26/2003]
Old 03-26-2003, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JG/Edelbrock manifold with 8 injector bosses/ how do I do it? (Tinker219)

Stagged injectors with a pressure switch makes me have convulsions. I can't imagine that being a very smooth vacuum to boost transition:

To early and your car will bog with the extra fuel and delay the spooling of your turbo.

To late and you will run lean momentarily

Summary: pain in the ***, just run and tune a set of 720's or whatever size you calculate to be appropriate.