Notices

jacskon racing boost question

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jacskon racing boost question

hey guys, im running a b18c5 with the jacskon racing setup on it.

i am running the stock pulley on it and would like to run more boost, i am looking for a smaller pulley to do this.

does anyone know where i can find the pulley and what size i can go with before belt slippage starts?

and how much boost i will get out of it

thanks
Old 10-15-2009, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: jacskon racing boost question

Originally Posted by LUKE 92 GS-R
hey guys, im running a b18c5 with the jacskon racing setup on it.

i am running the stock pulley on it and would like to run more boost, i am looking for a smaller pulley to do this.

does anyone know where i can find the pulley and what size i can go with before belt slippage starts?

and how much boost i will get out of it

thanks
If you still have the stock alternator pulley you can call jim at motorvations / mvm and put a stepper pulley on the alternator which will give you approxx 2 to 3 psi I think . Mvm Phone number is 205-661-3600 .Otherwise I guess you can call moss motors and get a pulley for the blower 888-888-4079 just difficult to replace the blower pulley because the blowers gotta come off to do so .I think you could do the alternator pulley from underneath the car while its still on the engine but I'm not 100 sure as mine was installed while it was off . I run a 3.8 blower pulley and the MVM stepper and belt slip is not an issue as long as you check and retighten the belt occasionally especially when the belts are new they wear in pretty good .I also run poly v belts as was suggested to me by other knowledgeable members in the huge jrsc thread . I run a good year gatorback poly v belts on both the crank to alt. and alt. to blower to help prevent belt slip issues .
Old 10-15-2009, 06:52 PM

thanks for the info,

i also run the gator back belts all round on mine to prevent slippage. i have had the blower in and out a few times to service it/rebuild it so that shouldnt be an issue, i can take it out in my sleep now ahah.

i see on moss motors they have the boost upgrade kit but they dont tell you what it will run for boost, currently mine is around 6 so i am curious to see what that one would be.

if the stepper will give me a couple more psi thats awsome.

for me to do the alt. pulley would be a pain in the ***. its a b18c5 jammed in my ek hatch so i will try to work around that

thanks for the info, i will be calling them for the stepper tomorrow!
Old 10-15-2009, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a c1 in my ek and yeah its tight but I'm getting use to it ! lol I know what ya mean about pulling the blower as I am getting ready to pull mine again on sat for some more upgrades to the set up and I need to have magnuson check my blower .My snout bearing is making a slight noise and they just rebuilt it 4k miles ago .Should be warranty but we'll see hopefully they dont try to say its something I did . Regardless I need it fixxed I dont want anything tearing up anything else !! I also bought a spare blower that I am gonna send to the high speed labs and have them go through it . That way I wont be without a blower again have you ever used them for rebuilding or did you use someone else ?
Old 10-15-2009, 07:14 PM

i rebuilt it myself... as far as the bearings and **** went.

i sent the rotor group and housing off to my buddy who runs a machine shop, he cleaned them up and it runs like a champ, makes perfect boost, pressure tested it and its all good, he hooked me up for $40... moss wanted a grand to look at it so thats no good.

i was just reading up about throwing a crv crank pulley on the gsr/type r to create more boost, have you heard about or maybe even done it??? apparently it is better then the boost upgrade as it is a tiny bit bigger.

i couldnt tell you if this works or not, i just stumbled across it so im trying ot figure out if it is fact or fiction.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yes I have heard about it and I hear it works. I just dont like the idea of changing the rpms of other things on the engine / overspinning them or just adding the extra stress to them with the different crank pulley .Thats why I like the alt stepper pulley and the smaller blower pulley the only thing that spins faster is the blower itself everything else remains at its intended stock rpm .
Old 10-16-2009, 03:52 AM

thats exactley what i was thinking... i have no other belts but my alt but still spinning my alt. faster than it already is and throwing some stress on it.

im going to go ahead and try your idea of the stepper pulley and see if i can get my hands on a smaller blower pulley. do you know where i can get a blower pulley? the one off jacskon themselfs is another crank pulley.

thanks
Old 10-16-2009, 04:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't know what size your current blower pulley is but I bought a 3.8 from them and would think they would have others in various sizes .You could also post in the thread "what jackson racing supercharger are you running " and ask if anyone has a pulley for sale or who else sells them. The thing you need to know is what size pulley is on there now it should be stamped on the front side of the pulley you may need to get a small dental like mirror to read it while its on the car .