Notices

ITS (innovative) turbos

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ITS (innovative) turbos

Well i didn't want to slander this company because they seemed to be some what taking care of me but i'm getting irritated now.

Started off that i bought a 67mm dbb hybrid that had been ran on my buddys car, but smoked a little a full throttle and on decel. So i sent it in to have a 72mm wheel put in, plus have it rebuilt. I got it back after a month an d a half or so of persistance and then it sat over the winter untill i had my car going.

I had oiled it fairly regularly while it sat so that the seals didn't dry out along with my turbonetics 60-1 that sat right next to it. I got the car around and put the new turbo on, drove it literally down my street, and the car started burning oil like crazy... took the turbo setup off and found i lost a 1/2 a quart of oil in the exhaust housing and downpipe.

(first time it happened)

I contacted ITS, they wanted it sent in for diagnosis to see if it was a fault of mine or not. Well after about a month and a half of me calling every other day they finally sent it back free of charge (aside from me shipping it out there) with their newest version of their dbb center section.

In the mean time i had my 60-1 on the car with no issues at all, everything the same except the turbo and downpipe.

So i put the turbo on again and have been driving on it for the past couple hundred miles with slight smoking under full throttle ever sense the first time i took the car out on it again. Well today i drove the car around for a while and the exhaust seal puked on me again, the car just started smoking uncontrolably in traffic. I got the car home and took it partially apart again earlier to find oil in the exhaust housing again, just for ***** and giggles i started the car without the turbo on and had no burning oil smoke at all... So oil seal yet again

So i'm curious if anyone else has had issues like this, and what i should do... I'm about to say f it and get a 42r, but i liked how resposive this turbo was (gt72, dual ceramic bb, q-trim exh wheel, 1.06 ar divided t3)

I'll get pics up tonight of todays oil massacre
Old 12-30-2006, 06:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITS (innovative) turbos (b16hybridsol)

do you have a restricter on your oil inlet ???
Old 12-30-2006, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

where are you getting oil from?? also, when did that turbo see full boost?
Old 12-30-2006, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITS (B18C1CYA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C1CYA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">do you have a restricter on your oil inlet ???</TD></TR></TABLE>
yup, .035

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by building boost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">where are you getting oil from?? also, when did that turbo see full boost? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Tee'd off the oil pressure sensor. i had 14psi at 5200
Old 12-30-2006, 07:58 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: ITS (b16hybridsol)

whats your return look like?

maybe you should just *cough* give it to me *cough*
Old 12-30-2006, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (building boost)

Well I hate to sound like I'm against you, but 2 for 2 is hard to say it was the turbo's (or ITS's) fault.

What size restrictor do you have, assuming you have one? Turbos in general require very little oil pressure, and BB versions even less. My other question would be about your driving style. Do you engine brake at all, that is, keep the clutch engaged on decel? Even with a restrictor, thats putting X psi on the inside of the chra, with 0psi pushing back from outside the chra. Thats as tough on the turbo as revving it in neutral (making oil pressure but no boost).
Old 12-30-2006, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (HiProfile)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HiProfile &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well I hate to sound like I'm against you, but 2 for 2 is hard to say it was the turbo's (or ITS's) fault.

What size restrictor do you have, assuming you have one? Turbos in general require very little oil pressure, and BB versions even less. My other question would be about your driving style. Do you engine brake at all, that is, keep the clutch engaged on decel? Even with a restrictor, thats putting X psi on the inside of the chra, with 0psi pushing back from outside the chra. Thats as tough on the turbo as revving it in neutral (making oil pressure but no boost).</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16hybridsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> In the mean time i had my 60-1 on the car with no issues at all, everything the same except the turbo and downpipe.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16hybridsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
yup, .035
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 12-30-2006, 08:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (HiProfile)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wantboost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">whats your return look like?

maybe you should just *cough* give it to me *cough*</TD></TR></TABLE>

return is a -10an with 2-45s, pretty much a straight shot in, no kinks or anything, and the turbo sits up pretty high so there shouldn't be any issues with it. It works fine on the 60-1 and on that turbo i take the restrictor out because its a non bb chra

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HiProfile &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well I hate to sound like I'm against you, but 2 for 2 is hard to say it was the turbo's (or ITS's) fault.

What size restrictor do you have, assuming you have one? Turbos in general require very little oil pressure, and BB versions even less. My other question would be about your driving style. Do you engine brake at all, that is, keep the clutch engaged on decel? Even with a restrictor, thats putting X psi on the inside of the chra, with 0psi pushing back from outside the chra. Thats as tough on the turbo as revving it in neutral (making oil pressure but no boost).</TD></TR></TABLE>

I understand where you are coming from, but the problem is that the car runs flawless on my 60-1. I don't down shift hardly ever because i'm on a 3 inch op dp and its excessivly loud on decel (not like it isn't driving around though ha).
Old 12-30-2006, 08:09 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Default Re: (b16hybridsol)

maybe its an internal problem on the return side... the chra may have a casting flaw

but i still think i need that turbo on my sr20
Old 12-30-2006, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (wantboost)

It just pisses me off because i made a equal length, divided, dual gated setup specifically for this turbo, and i don't really see this exhaust housing used by anyone else.

I want to stick with the turbo, but i'm sick of the problems, and i've gotta gut feeling that they aren't going to warrenty it this time. I guess we'll see next week though
Old 12-30-2006, 08:25 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

it sounds like a problem with the chra... unhook your return and see if anything runs out
Old 12-30-2006, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (wantboost)

i'll try that tomorrow, but i think ITS would have diagnoised that when they had it on their machine
Old 12-30-2006, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Did you take the money out of the turbo before running it?
Old 12-30-2006, 09:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16hybridsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It just pisses me off because i made a equal length, divided, dual gated setup specifically for this turbo, and i don't really see this exhaust housing used by anyone else.

I want to stick with the turbo, but i'm sick of the problems, and i've gotta gut feeling that they aren't going to warrenty it this time. I guess we'll see next week though</TD></TR></TABLE>

I see you made your own manifold , what does the exhaust wheel look like ??? I know if say a burr or any thing whent through the exhaust side it would throw it out of balance and damage the seals , not saying its what happed just giving an idea ,
Old 12-31-2006, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B18C1CYA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SlowB16si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Did you take the money out of the turbo before running it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

damn, was i supposed to?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C1CYA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I see you made your own manifold , what does the exhaust wheel look like ??? I know if say a burr or any thing whent through the exhaust side it would throw it out of balance and damage the seals , not saying its what happed just giving an idea ,</TD></TR></TABLE>

wheel is fine, just werid coloration from the oil/exhaust gases mix
Old 01-01-2007, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I theres a guy not to far from me that ran an ITS turbo this year and it blew up as well.
Dont know the details, just that it blew up
Old 01-01-2007, 11:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (eastcoast_ej)

I also had the same problem but mine was just your ordinary journal bearing turbo.

I went thru (2) ITS 60-1 in three weeks. So under warranty I opt for a third turbo thru them went with a 50-trim never had a problem with it, but I never got to enjoy the 60-1's
Old 01-01-2007, 02:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DRAGLS)

I ran a ITS GTS70 dual B/B 2 years with no problems.
Old 01-01-2007, 03:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (wickedEG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wickedEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I ran a ITS GTS70 dual B/B 2 years with no problems. </TD></TR></TABLE>

oil feed off the head or block?