Notices

ITR or LS turbo

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ITR or LS turbo

alright, right now i have a 97 Civic sedan with a ITR swap. the swap is very nice, pretty quick and reliable. it is pretty much stock except for Mugen header, Password J's knock off intake, high flow cat and RS*R exhaust. i have been seriously thinking about pulling the ITR out and selling it to do LS turbo in my car, which i know will be faster. the question is, am i going to be disappointed in doing this? am i going to have problems everytime i drive it?

i want to run 10 lbs. on stock LS internals. i want reliability, will this give me that? i know all motor is more reliable but i want to know is this going to last me years? i also want the feel of a boosted car, i have the bug. i just cant make up my mind, i know it is up to me and everyone will say that, but i want everyones opinion. what would you do. i feel like i am going to be downgrading.

here is the car....................pictures of my EJ6 Sedan
Old 10-05-2005, 09:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR or LS turbo (FdOoUoRr)

boost is better
Old 10-05-2005, 10:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR or LS turbo (slotec)

i just got rid of my ls turbo, cause i spun a bearing, i have a jdm type r and i like it better than my ls, the ls cams dont make power past 6.4k so if u have a big turbo the power band is over too fast. It would be better to keep ur R and rebuild that it has way more potential and u can make over 300whp on 10-12 lbs.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR or LS turbo (jdmhonda)

I'd go with the itr head on the ls block and turbo that *****
Old 10-06-2005, 06:28 AM

i agree with that one, ITR head and ls block.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:33 AM

Default Re: ITR or LS turbo (FdOoUoRr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FdOoUoRr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> i know all motor is more reliable but i want to know is this going to last me years?</TD></TR></TABLE>

What makes you think this? With proper tunning all motor and FI they are equally reliable. Granted i am not talking about a b18c1 with a few bolt-ons as all motor.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:11 AM

Default Re: ITR or LS turbo (darkdayz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by darkdayz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'd go with the itr head on the ls block and turbo that *****</TD></TR></TABLE>

i definitely dont want to do that. if i pull the ITR out, i am either selling it or keeping it whole.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bitchin_Teg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What makes you think this? With proper tunning all motor and FI they are equally reliable. Granted i am not talking about a b18c1 with a few bolt-ons as all motor.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well lets see, there is no boost going to the block in an all motor car, that to me says all motor will be more reliable. i realize with proper tuning you can have some good stuff, and thats my question. if i have a LS turbo setup with a good tune will it be just as reliable, last as long as my all motor ITR setup?