Notices

Intercooler Piping Help, what kind of drag will come from this

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intercooler Piping Help, what kind of drag will come from this

Hey guys, I have got everything ready to finish now, well most of it :D...All turbo ppl will know exactly what im talking about when you think you are almost through after doing a "right" install.....Ok, I started running my piping and know that the new jdm amber foglights I have installed presents a problem with intercooler piping. My friend got his at the same time and he definately cant run them b/c he has a single side inlet outlet IC. Mine is dual side, as in inlet oneside and outlet the otherside so i dont have his problem as much....I noticed that 9 out of 10 ppl have to remove their fog lights...Anyways I think that I have come up with a solution, I know it can be done with piping, but I need to know if the drag it is going to cause is going to hurt my performance per say. I can have the piping come out of the cold side and run for 1.5-2.5" and make a 90 degree turn up and then a 90 degree turn back to continue original path way. I have a picture showing what I am talking about, it is really sloppy Im busy with work and dont feel like doing it in cad b/c thats what I do all day as the engineer of my company....But if it cant be deciphered I can do it in cad in like 20 or so mins...Just let me know....