Notices

Intercooler

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intercooler

I'v got a 94 rs integra w/ about 140k miles on it. I bought a new drag gen. 3 turbo kit, that came with a hks super sequential blow off vulve. Big ups on the install guide . I'm probably a lil bit too excited about throwing this kit on thur, but do you know if its okay to install the intercooler and blow off valve alone. I dont quite have all the funds to install the whole kit and have been looking at the kit for some time... Would it benifit me in any way having it on there? Would it hurt me in anway? Thnx...

Hmmm would it hurt to have the brake booster line conected to the blow off valve too?
Old 07-26-2004, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Intercooler (acuragtr)

Well....I can see you want to get ahead and started which is good. Know that the BOV won't work because there is no air to force out. Your performance will drop in the neighborhood of 5-10+WHP because the air has to go through all the piping and intercooler to reach you intake manifold. If you want to go ahead, no harm just make sure you use a filter on the last part of the Intercooler piping
Old 07-26-2004, 12:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Intercooler (adseguy)

I plan on installing my entire turbo setup except for the charge pipe to the engine, that way i can drive it over to the mufflershop, have them weld up my downpipe with wideband then drive home, finish the install there
Old 07-26-2004, 05:52 PM

Default Re: Intercooler (toolowsol)

Thanks for your reply. Was intrested in further hearing what you mean about that. When you say Charge pipe.. Dont know if Im sure what you mean. ... What kind of turbo kit do you have? Will you be hooking up your turbo up to the exaust manifold, fuel lines, oil lines. Then just leave stock intake or short ram on, then switch it over to turbo kit and intercooler set up? If Im understanding you correctly then doesnt that mean the turbine will be spining while you drive to the shop. MMM Holla back.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Intercooler (adseguy)

Thanks for the Help. I didnt expect any one to reply so quickly. This site is the bomb. I ended up not installing the intercooler, but I used a couple of the piping that came with my kit, and made sort of a cold air intake. I think. LOL Iv got the pipe with BOV attatched but not connected to a boost line, so basicly yeah it does nothing right now. Then I used the pipe that bends 180 degrees headed back up, and replaced the rubber right angle with one of the other silicon conectors. Then I hooked up the L shape pipe so that it comes back into where the stock air filter once was. I was worried at first because like you said theres a long distance for the air to travel to reach the intake manifold, but after test driving it, I deffintly notice an increase in power!!!
Old 07-26-2004, 06:03 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

Charge Pipe = Intercooler pipe 1 going from the intercooler to the throttle body w/ BOV connected
Old 08-02-2004, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TheShodan)

I don't have a "kit" just pieced together a setup. I installed the intercooler and the piping to the bay, that allows me to keep the bumper on for th rest of the install. I'm installing parts as I get time. So far I have my uberdata up and running, DSM 450 injectors, Walbro 255 intake pump, cut all my charge pipe and intercooler pipe to fit, made some support braces for the turbo, installed the wideband o2 gauge and boost gauge, and I hope to beable to strap the turbo and manifold on within a week or two Work keeps me busy, so I don't have time to do the entire install at once, but the piece by piece method is working out great so far, plus it lets me fix any problems as they occure, less trouble shooting
Old 08-05-2004, 09:53 PM

Default Re: (toolowsol)

Sweet dude. Thanks for the idea. I might just get started on mine too. Anyone know of any good install guides on Apexi Turbo timers?.... I looked through the install guide that comes with the timer, but I noticed that it said a part sold sepratly called "vehicle specific harness" is required. I was thinking I could just clip and splice wires my self, and skip the harness. I know from install cd players harnesses make the job much easier, and much more neat. I am hoping that my car came with a harness on it already... Doubt full but oh well.