Notices

Install Myself or Let Some Other Fools Do It.

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2002, 02:53 PM
TheHater

Default Install Myself or Let Some Other Fools Do It.

Well Im looking to buy a Greddy Kit with The 24 Intercooler but this pricing is to the roof . At sp engeneering there charging 6500 everything including Bov, Ic that is way way way tooo much. Just answer me this should I do it myself or should I pay 900 bucks for someone else to do it. What do I need to do it myself. Thanks for your inquiry.
Old 07-01-2002, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Install Myself or Let Some Other Fools Do It. (BOOSTINSI)

6500???? OMG! That is ridiculous...go to Dynamic Autosports in Lake Forest if you want the whole nine yards with Type 24 Intercooler. They will charge about $3400 for the kit with the IC and installation is about $600. So $4000, which is still in my book VERY pricey...but if you want other fools to do the install..then that's the 600 you're goin to spend. Many say that the install is as simple as installin aftermarket headers and changing your oil. Don't quote me on that though, because I want to do it...but I'm unsure what I'm goin to do just yet....
Old 07-01-2002, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Install Myself or Let Some Other Fools Do It. (BD7581)

do it your damn self.
Old 07-01-2002, 03:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Install Myself or Let Some Other Fools Do It. (CleanSi)

it's not that hard. $600 coul dbe much better spent.
Old 07-01-2002, 03:45 PM
New User

Default Re: Install Myself or Let Some Other Fools Do It. (2K_TEG)

Do it yourself. Ask a honda-tech member for help. A shop is not gonna spend the required time to do things clean and to perfection (for the most part).
Old 07-01-2002, 03:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Install Myself or Let Some Other Fools Do It. (BOOSTINSI)

before you do it yourself, you must do a little research on the install and see if you are capable of doing it, if not look for a friend around you that can help you out. I advise doing it yourself, because turbo's are high maintanance, and if you diddnt install it in the first place and something goes wrong, chances are you wont be able to figure out how to fix it. taking your car to a shop over and over to have it checked sucks, plus if you do it yourself it gives you the pride of knowing you worked FOR the turbo and you did it ALL by yourself
Old 07-01-2002, 03:47 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Install Myself or Let Some Other Fools Do It. (Anthony K)

yea.. there are PLENTY of turbo guys in the L.A. area.... that would try to help out.
Old 07-01-2002, 03:50 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Install Myself or Let Some Other Fools Do It. (GudeH23a)

before you do it yourself, you must do a little research on the install and see if you are capable of doing it, if not look for a friend around you that can help you out. I advise doing it yourself, because turbo's are high maintanance, and if you diddnt install it in the first place and something goes wrong, chances are you wont be able to figure out how to fix it. taking your car to a shop over and over to have it checked sucks, plus if you do it yourself it gives you the pride of knowing you worked FOR the turbo and you did it ALL by yourself
I totally agree with what this guy is saying... You will be thankfull you installed it yourself even with a little help. You get to knwo what parts do what not cause you want to, cause you have to.. to keep your car well maintained. 65/hr to fix a car sucks when you can do it yourself...

if i had never installed my turbo w/ a friend, I would ahve never tried some of the thinngs that i find so easy now, like replacing the downpipe and ripping what i need out to get to everything....

Thanks to my friend anthony for helping and everyone on this baord within 3000 square miles for their telephone help in the middle of the night..

Turbo = Jake's first bolton

DIY
Old 07-01-2002, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Install Myself or Let Some Other Fools Do It. (GSRwBOOST)

haha

I'll install it for say, 6000

I'll even fly down there for you
Old 07-01-2002, 04:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Install Myself or Let Some Other Fools Do It. (dustin)

Do it yourself. You'll understand how it works alot better, plus when problems arrive you already know how to put it back together. . .
Old 07-01-2002, 08:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Install Myself or Let Some Other Fools Do It. (turbocoupe)

doing it yourself is still hard tho....

I'm not having a good time... maybe after i'm done i will
Old 07-01-2002, 08:38 PM
New User

Default Re: Install Myself or Let Some Other Fools Do It. (zojirushi)

Do it yourself. Check out http://www.turbocivicsi.com and my site for how to do it.
Old 07-01-2002, 08:55 PM
TheHater

Default Re: Install Myself or Let Some Other Fools Do It.

I advise doing it yourself, because turbo's are high maintanance, and if you diddnt install it in the first place and something goes wrong, chances are you wont be able to figure out how to fix it. taking your car to a shop over and over to have it checked sucks, plus if you do it yourself it gives you the pride of knowing you worked FOR the turbo and you did it ALL by yourself

Eyyy all yall have been a Great Help including the guy that posted the post I quoted . Anyways Im fit to do it myself at the end of August. And Im for sure Ill have Pics.(im sure yall dont want to see a Greddy Kit . But it is the best in Cali.Because of CARB #s) Thanks and please post some more Inquiries . Thanks alot.