Notices

Installing DSM 450cc's, WTF do I do!!??

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2002, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing DSM 450cc's, WTF do I do!!??

What do I have to do to get these to plug in right? I know the clips will work, and I wont need resistor packs...but what do I do w/ the orings. What ones do I use (For like an 88-89 integra?), and then just dremel them out a little bit? Will they sit okay, and just tighten the hell out of the fuel rail and they'll be good?

jB
Old 09-26-2002, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Installing DSM 450cc's, WTF do I do!!?? (PeloTudo AKA Gringo)

What do I have to do to get these to plug in right? I know the clips will work, and I wont need resistor packs...but what do I do w/ the orings. What ones do I use (For like an 88-89 integra?), and then just dremel them out a little bit? Will they sit okay, and just tighten the hell out of the fuel rail and they'll be good?

jB
get new rings and seals (stock ones should do) ...there are several approaches in getting the rings seated....most choose to bore out with a dremel, some use brute force, some sand down the injectors...while others by aftermarket seals with a larger bore. At any rate...just make sure that they are new...

[Modified by MiraiZ, 1:36 PM 9/27/2002]
Old 09-26-2002, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Installing DSM 450cc's, WTF do I do!!?? (MiraiZ)

Okay. Just ask Discount/Pep Boys for rings/seals for an 88 Civic H/B; and then dremel them out a little bit? How much to dremel, or will I know when I try to put them around the 450's?

I think I might like the brute force approach

jB
Old 09-26-2002, 07:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Mine went right into my D16Y8. It was a tight squeeze, but I didn't do anything to the injector seals/o-rings. I just put the injectors in thea rail, lined em up and positioned them one-by-one, and tightened down the nuts on the rail gradually until they were all in and the rail was completely tightened down.
Old 09-27-2002, 12:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Okay. Just ask Discount/Pep Boys for rings/seals for an 88 Civic H/B; and then dremel them out a little bit? How much to dremel, or will I know when I try to put them around the 450's?

jB
Just buy them at the dealer...this seems like the kind of part that a parts store would not have in stock. I think they are like $5 a piece, though...I bought new ones, then bored out my old ones...after I was sure they were working I just returned the unused new ones.
Old 09-27-2002, 01:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Installing DSM 450cc's, WTF do I do!!?? (ion_four)

jB

Just buy them at the dealer...this seems like the kind of part that a parts store would not have in stock. I think they are like $5 a piece, though...I bought new ones, then bored out my old ones...after I was sure they were working I just returned the unused new ones.
i personally just PUSHED LIKE A BITCH!!! Then i bolted the fuel rail down and screwed it tight...works great

liam