Notices

Installed NX Direct Port and Now having problems. Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed NX Direct Port and Now having problems. Help!!!!

Ok first I will stat with the setup. NX direct port nitrous kit; with bottle heater, WOT switch, NGK BRK7E's, fuel pressure safety switch and a MSD rpm window switch. I also upgraded my fuel pump to a walbro high flow high pressure fuel pump.
I put the jets in for a 50 shot to try the system out. Went out and started at about 3000rpm in 3 third and floored it. Got to the window switch setting and the car felt like it was going to go then it would bog. It would go back and forth like this quickly (bog, power, bog, power). I stayed in it till like 6000 rpm and let off. The faster I went the smoother it got. But there definitely wasn't the power that was supposed to be there. During this the car also did not sound right, I am not sure what detonation sounds like so I don't know if this is what it was or not. So what the heck is going on here?
It’s kind of hard to describe what was going but it was kind of surging. But even when it was a surge the power still wasn't what it should be. I was thinking that maybe the fuel switch was shutting the system down when it kicked in, so I tried it by jumping the safety switch and still it did the same thing.
It seems to me it was maybe to rich but I am not sure. I haven't had time to pull the plugs to c what they look like but, was hoping for some help on what might be going on here. I also forgot to mention that after one of the runs when i let off the gas and the car stalled like it was flooded couse it took a bit to get it started then it idle ruff for a second.
What I am thinking the problem is that with the knew fuel pump and no adjustible fpr the fuel pressure is way to high. Could this be the problem.
Guys I am desperate here any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks A Lot,
Jason Young

Old 04-03-2003, 06:55 AM

Default Re: Installed NX Direct Port and Now having problems. Help!!!! (00SiCronus)

Well first off you need to get some gauges to see what you fuel pressure is. then it would be a good idea to get a A/F gauge to see if your rich or not. start there and let us know what goes on
Old 04-03-2003, 07:14 AM
New User

Default Re: Installed NX Direct Port and Now having problems. Help!!!! (intercooledJRSC)

You have a high pressure fuel pump, no fpr, and you are running a 50 shot. Yeah, you're running rich as hell. Make sure that you didn't mix up the nitrous and fuel jets. Those high pressure pumps are for turbo'd cars. Also what was your nitrous pressure? I see that you have a bottle heater, so I'm assuming that you should have good pressure but you never know.
Ideally you should get your car on a dyno with a wideband 02.
Old 04-03-2003, 07:46 AM

Default Re: Installed NX Direct Port and Now having problems. Help!!!! (laughinxxx)

did you make sure n20 was coming out of the hose good? like it was said, its hard to diagnose with out guages and some numbers to figure on....
Old 04-03-2003, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Installed NX Direct Port and Now having problems. Help!!!! (NXLude)

im guessing on rich or bottle pressure .
are you sure its 50shot? i know with NOS , the lowest shot direct port is 80shot , beucause anything loweer than thta the jets would be super small.