Notices

INLINEPRO HEADGASKETS - for the non believers(and the newbies).......

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2001, 09:39 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default INLINEPRO HEADGASKETS - for the non believers(and the newbies).......

since the newbies got that last thread shut down, i figured i'd respond and show a little positivity towards the gaskets.

inlinepro has been marketing the headgaskets now for 3 years. they have sold hundreds of them all over the united states. many cars run them with absolutly no problems. there are others on this site who use it and believe it can work. i ran a stock gsr motor last year, all year, boosting 350+ hsp to the wheels. i went 11's over 100 times on that motor without EVER taking the head off. i dynoed in feb of last year @361 and dynoed again after 100 runs in early november @351 ?? around that. those were on 2 seperate dynos so theres going to be a slight difference anyway. my point is, it works and it lasts. there have been at least 15 seperate cars to have run 11's or better on stock blocks and inlinepro headgaskets.

my old set up included:

93 hatch
95 gsr block, stock, over 100,000 miles on it and NEVER rebuilt or freshened
rev hard kit
inline pro headgasket
greddy intercooler
440 injectors
apex s-afc
12:1 fmu
stock ignition(no msd....)
ngk plugs and wires

sorry if you do not believe. for a street set up, which is what 99% of all honda tech forced induction people want, this is the cheapest way to run a reliable set up. it is not the only way. stand alone is great but most people on here cannot afford it or tune it properly and theres still not ALOT of reliable shops installing/tuning stand alones.

many people on honda tech have seen my set up 1st hand and have seen me run. (dragIIcivic, cobra, .......)

HEY SO3BURNER - YOU ATTACKED ME BY SAYING "........AND THEN YOU WOKE UP"........WELL MAYBE NOW YOU'LL WAKE UP.

Old 12-14-2001, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: INLINEPRO HEADGASKETS - for the non believers(and the newbies)....... (jinxproof99)

Which Standalone are you running with your new setup?

I'm gonna go off ona limb and say...

Speedpro or DFI7 ???

Suprdave
Old 12-14-2001, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: INLINEPRO HEADGASKETS - for the non believers(and the newbies)....... (Suprdave)

Which Standalone are you running with your new setup?

I'm gonna go off ona limb and say...

Speedpro or DFI7 ???

Suprdave
All he is using is an FMU, and a VAFC, I have seen it in person....fawking amazing.
Old 12-14-2001, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: INLINEPRO HEADGASKETS - for the non believers(and the newbies)....... (jinxproof99)

ive seen you run and it was a very good experience. i have heard good things about inline pro's headgasket.
Old 12-14-2001, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: INLINEPRO HEADGASKETS - for the non believers(and the newbies)....... (DragII)

"New Setup"

He's getting it built for 500 Horsepower and Mid 10s...I know thats not on a FMU\AFC Combo.

If it is...I'm not worthy!

Suprdave
Old 12-14-2001, 10:06 AM
New User

Default Re: INLINEPRO HEADGASKETS - for the non believers(and the newbies)....... (Suprdave)

"New Setup"
new set up is with the haltech........and 8 injectors.

speedpro would probably be second choice. alot of people actually know how to tune haltech and speed pro on the eastcoast.
Old 12-14-2001, 10:36 AM

I thought that the head gaskets seemed like a good idea too. But the shop around here has a race car with a built bottom end and the inline pro head gasket. The only thing that was wrong with the head gasket is that it put a lot of tension on the timing belt, which put tension on the oil pump and stuff like that. And everytime they dynoed the car, which was at like 19 PSI, they blew the oil pump or the head gasket. Once they took it off, no problems. What PSI are you running with the head gasket? Maybe the PSI they were running effected all this.
Old 12-14-2001, 10:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

and they also say by installing a thicker head gasket you invite detonation! blah! good job, are you running stock timing with 18lbs?
Old 12-14-2001, 10:48 AM
New User

Default Re: INLINEPRO HEADGASKETS - for the non believers(and the newbies)....... (LsTurbo91)

and they also say by installing a thicker head gasket you invite detonation! blah! good job, are you running stock timing with 18lbs?
who says you invite detonation.

my timing is close to stock. but regardless, i have 360 hsp to the wheels on a STOCK block.....how much do you have??
Old 12-14-2001, 11:02 AM
New User

Default Re: INLINEPRO HEADGASKETS - for the non believers(and the newbies)....... (HondaCutter)

I thought that the head gaskets seemed like a good idea too. But the shop around here has a race car with a built bottom end and the inline pro head gasket. The only thing that was wrong with the head gasket is that it put a lot of tension on the timing belt, which put tension on the oil pump and stuff like that. And everytime they dynoed the car, which was at like 19 PSI, they blew the oil pump or the head gasket. Once they took it off, no problems. What PSI are you running with the head gasket? Maybe the PSI they were running effected all this.
yeah, there are alot of factors here. what was the size of the turbo?? what hsp were they trying to run?? what timing belt?? what oil pump??

for the money, and up to 400 hsp to the wheels, the headgasket's great.
Old 12-14-2001, 12:09 PM

okay, you've convinced me, so where can i get this and how much?
Old 12-14-2001, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I agree inline headgaskets are decent and work pretty well but I think you're giving the headgaskets much more credit than they deserve.. 360whp is a decent amount of power, but at 20+ psi and race gas I don't think it's that impressive.. Personally for a good reliable and affordable turbo setup, I say stick with the stock headgasket and leave the boost at 7-9psi and tune it. You mentioned in your other post that inline headgaskets will hold over 400whp. Do you know anyone pushing over 400whp on the headgasket, or is this just what you're claiming?

-Mike
Old 12-14-2001, 12:59 PM

Default Re: INLINEPRO HEADGASKETS - for the non believers(and the newbies)....... (SlowTeg)

is that 360hp to the wheels at 20+psi ??? Regardless good job!
Old 12-14-2001, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: INLINEPRO HEADGASKETS - for the non believers(and the newbies)....... (98hx99b18c)

360 hp is 360 hp no matter what way you look at it. REguardless of what he is boosting. i would say he did a damn good job getting into the 11s with an all but stock motor especially with an FMU. for the Jinxman
Old 12-14-2001, 01:44 PM
New User

Default Re: INLINEPRO HEADGASKETS - for the non believers(and the newbies)....... (SlowTeg)

I agree inline headgaskets are decent and work pretty well but I think you're giving the headgaskets much more credit than they deserve.. 360whp is a decent amount of power, but at 20+ psi and race gas I don't think it's that impressive.. Personally for a good reliable and affordable turbo setup, I say stick with the stock headgasket and leave the boost at 7-9psi and tune it. You mentioned in your other post that inline headgaskets will hold over 400whp. Do you know anyone pushing over 400whp on the headgasket, or is this just what you're claiming?

-Mike

ok, so 360 to the wheel isn't impressive. uh, right. anyway, with a headgasket, you can pull 300 hsp out of pump gas. how much boost a person runs is irrelevant to me. horsepower is what gets you there. mike and pats h22 powered civic easily had 400 hsp, a headgasket, afc, fmu, race gas, gutted, and went....10.40's. that was 3 years ago. i doubt 99% of the entire forced induction forum had turbo's 3 years ago. and they definatly weren't running those #'s. theres only a handful of them running that now.

your from mclean for christ sakes. who has faster hondas around here????? who??
Old 12-14-2001, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I looked at Jinx's car and Stan's old car and there wasn't **** done to them. Both cars were fawking fast as hell.. I think Stan only had fuel controller right Jinx?
For the guy that said something about thicker gaskets producing or inviting detonation you are right because when you increase the space between the piston top (combustion floor) and the quench pads on the roof of the combustion chamber it tends to encourage the mixture to be less stable... But in the same hat you are reducing compression with the gasket so it may increase the chance of detonation a little but nothing more than a tad. They obviously work unless Im crazy and the cars didn't stop the timers in low 11-sec territory.
Regardless the cars are fast thats all there is to it.

--Adam
Old 12-14-2001, 01:58 PM
New User

Default Re: INLINEPRO HEADGASKETS - for the non believers(and the newbies)....... (IVANITR)

okay, you've convinced me, so where can i get this and how much?
call 703-644-1788........they're $299 for b series and $349 for h series.
Old 12-14-2001, 02:07 PM
Trial User

who has the fastest hondas around DC? Inline - why? because they are the only ones around with the seemingly infinite budgets to blow motors all over the place. Their idea of tuning is trial and error, a method that not too many of us can afford. Run your "stock block" 350whp and enjoy it, but suggesting that you can do this reliably is a pretty ugly lie.
Old 12-14-2001, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

who says you invite detonation.
http://ferrari.colowatch.com/php/sho...sts&Main=16172

my timing is close to stock. but regardless, i have 360 hsp to the wheels on a STOCK block.....how much do you have??

My numbers do not matter at this point, Im having little issue's with my ECU, I'm trying to also achieve around 16-18lbs on my stock LS block. I'll keep you posted when I reach my numbers around that boost but for now Im dyno'ing 230hp at 8lbs of boost with lots of timing taken out.
Old 12-14-2001, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok, you missed what I was saying.. I said at 22+ psi w/ race gas 360whp isn't that impressive. I never said 360whp isn't a decent amount of power. Btw, unless you work on a different calendar then the rest of the world, I remember that hb running those times about 1.5-2 yrs ago at most. It certainly wasn't 3 yrs ago. Also, if memory serves me correctly, the car was a little more than just "gutted." Yes, it was fast, I never argued that. 10.4 is fast. Also, that was an H motor, not a B motor. H motors make more power. So 400whp on inline's gasket doesn't include b motors I guess?
Finally... there are people around here that do make more whp than you. A friend locally easily exceeded your number on PUMP GAS at a bar. Some people just can't drive or choose not to race their car in the 1/4. Just cause you've run the fastest time locally doesn't mean you're the fastest around....

-Mike
Old 12-14-2001, 02:28 PM
New User

Default Re: INLINEPRO HEADGASKETS - for the non believers(and the newbies)....... (Phantom)

who has the fastest hondas around DC? Inline - why? because they are the only ones around with the seemingly infinite budgets to blow motors all over the place. Their idea of tuning is trial and error, a method that not too many of us can afford. Run your "stock block" 350whp and enjoy it, but suggesting that you can do this reliably is a pretty ugly lie.
HOLY ******* ****..... your a "mafia soldier" well, the ones i've talked to are not nearly as closed minded as you. and your from virginia too. man, where to begin. trial and error?? an ugly lie?? do you know ANYTHING involving the history of turbo'd hondas from your area?? inline has been running the headgasket for 3 years. neils civic coupe ran 11.80. stock gsr block. he's had that set up for two years. still drives it to this day. it has NEVER had any problems. i put my set up on a block that had 140,000 miles on it. it was a friend of the owners of inline and had NEVER been rebuilt. i ran that motor all year. over 100 passes.....and made some loot at Vst. too. never had any problems with the motor. had some with the clutch/tranny though. not everyone who has a turbo has deep pockets. infact, their set up is much cheaper than a standalone/built motor. the afc isn't bullet proof, but it has worked beyond anyones beliefs for the set ups we have. i can't believe you would say i'm spreading lies......seems to me, the #'s are proof enough. where are your #'s????
Old 12-14-2001, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the headgasket will really help on a vtec motor rigth

like on my h23 i really make that much more power by lower compression and uping the the boost or will I

do u know anyone that put one on a motor with compression in the 9.'s
Old 12-14-2001, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Is it true you have to run cam gears to compensate for the thicker head gasket for the timing belt??
Old 12-14-2001, 02:42 PM
New User

Ok, you missed what I was saying.. I said at 22+ psi w/ race gas 360whp isn't that impressive. I never said 360whp isn't a decent amount of power. Btw, unless you work on a different calendar then the rest of the world, I remember that hb running those times about 1.5-2 yrs ago at most. It certainly wasn't 3 yrs ago. Also, if memory serves me correctly, the car was a little more than just "gutted." Yes, it was fast, I never argued that. 10.4 is fast. Also, that was an H motor, not a B motor. H motors make more power. So 400whp on inline's gasket doesn't include b motors I guess?
Finally... there are people around here that do make more whp than you. A friend locally easily exceeded your number on PUMP GAS at a bar. Some people just can't drive or choose not to race their car in the 1/4. Just cause you've run the fastest time locally doesn't mean you're the fastest around....

-Mike

1. again, what does it matter what boost your at?? a t3, a t3/4, and a t4 make differnt hsp at say 1 bar. to me, if your making 300 hsp @ 1 bar and i'm making 350 @ 2 bars, i'm going faster. period......nuff said.

2. mikes civic ran those #'s in 1999.....2 and a half years ago, but three race seasons ago. and yes, it was gutted...but ******* 10.40 is fast....no wheely bars and shitty suspension.

3. i have only claimed 400 to the wheels on a head gasket. that doesn't say 400 on a b series. i know for a fact they have gotten 380 to the wheels out of a gsr.....sorry thats not your 400.

4. i know alot of people around here with cars as fast as mine and faster. and yes, if they don't run their cars, they aren't fast. i don't care what their dyno says.

5. i know someone on honda tech.....who is very respected and will remain nameless.....who pulled a great # and time out of his car "fine tuning" it......you know what? he had that motor 3 weeks....and boom. so, whatever you say, man....whatever you say.....

this headgaskets not a ******* miracle device, but it works good........thats all this thread was about.
Old 12-14-2001, 02:43 PM
New User

Default Re: INLINEPRO HEADGASKETS - for the non believers(and the newbies)....... (Gmedalion)

Is it true you have to run cam gears to compensate for the thicker head gasket for the timing belt??
yes.

Quick Reply: INLINEPRO HEADGASKETS - for the non believers(and the newbies).......