Notices

inline pro or lovefab?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2003, 10:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default inline pro or lovefab?

i'm looking to piece a turbo kit together and i guess everyone knows the manifold is one of the main players into having a kick *** turbo kit. the motor is going to be a b18c 83mm 9.?(not sure yet) compression with a sc61,hondata. which manifold would you guys go with and that are the advantages and disadvantages over each other? would i have to shave the block with either manifolds? i want to get 325 to 350whp without running too much boost? help me out
Old 12-17-2003, 10:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: inline pro or lovefab? (zumb18)

Lovefab all the way. You "should" see increased power and a quicker spool up with one of his equal length manis, they look nice to.
Old 12-17-2003, 10:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: inline pro or lovefab? (turbozxi)

does anyone know the best place to get a lovefab or are they made when ordered?
Old 12-17-2003, 11:12 PM
Better than steak

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbozxi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Lovefab all the way. You "should" see increased power and a quicker spool up with one of his equal length manis, they look nice to. </TD></TR></TABLE>
You should, but do you?
Old 12-17-2003, 11:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If your looking for a Sidewinder type manifold...Hit me up on pm...
Old 12-17-2003, 11:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: inline pro or lovefab? (Arturbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Arturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
You should, but do you?</TD></TR></TABLE> You tell me I saw a post today where somebody made more midrange power with a lovefab mani at less boost.
Old 12-17-2003, 11:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbozxi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Lovefab all the way. You "should" see increased power and a quicker spool up with one of his equal length manis, they look nice to. </TD></TR></TABLE>

these are how bandwagons and bad recommendations start. people recommending a product they have no first hand experience with whatsoever yet, pass on this hearsay.
Old 12-17-2003, 11:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

FYI: The Sidewinders in initial testing have shown to produce spool times at least 500rpm faster than the SST!

Old 12-17-2003, 11:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: inline pro or lovefab? (Hatch4urSnatch)

Uh.. I don't think this is exactly a "bandwagon" statement.. It's been "proven" that equal length manifolds make more midrange than log style. If someone said full-race or inline pro, people would say "of course the full-race will make more power," but w/ Lovefab people dont think the same?? Let's be honest.. Cody's manifold will probably make about as much power as a full-race, so YES, a lovefab will make more power than an inlinepro. And YES I do have first-hand experience w/ both manifolds.

The inlinepro is probably one of, if not the nicest log style manifolds, but it's still "just" a log style manifold.

-Mike
Old 12-17-2003, 11:31 PM
Better than steak

I have yet to see solid evidence that it does. But at the same time I havent seen solid proof that it doesnt either. But I soon will know... Testing on an engine dyno here real soon..

art
Old 12-17-2003, 11:36 PM
Better than steak

One more thing I like to add is that the fastest street car has a cast log manifold. Making over 600whp. I think 3 of the top 5 street cars are running cast log manifolds.

art
Old 12-17-2003, 11:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Arturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">One more thing I like to add is that the fastest street car has a cast log manifold. Making over 600whp. I think 3 of the top 5 street cars are running cast log manifolds.

art</TD></TR></TABLE>

I personally am running a Lovefab mani but was thinking that the log manifolds have to be more efficient in keeping underhood temps down. I am most likely going to have to heat wrap a potion of my manifold in order to keep it from destroying my carbon hood.

-Ryan
Old 12-17-2003, 11:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Arturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">One more thing I like to add is that the fastest street car has a cast log manifold. Making over 600whp. I think 3 of the top 5 street cars are running cast log manifolds.

art</TD></TR></TABLE>

Is that littlebluecrx's Revhard mani?
Old 12-17-2003, 11:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh I agree that log manifolds get the job done, there's no doubt about that.. Jeez it was so long ago, but I remember a dyno comparing a kooks manifold to a log style manifold. You would think that the Kooks would beat it considerably on the top end, but it only made a little power peak over the log manifold. However, in the midrange, the kooks made considerable more power over the log (I forget the exact numbers). Either way, for the $ I guess it's a difficult decision between an inline manifold and a lovefab.

Even though the fastest street car still runs a revhard manifold, we all know there's quite a bit more to racing than just power. Let us know how your dyno comparison goes!

-Mike
Old 12-17-2003, 11:57 PM
Better than steak

Default Re: inline pro or lovefab? (Bryson)

With the full race or even love-fab you will ultimatly make more power. But I ask myself, How much more? Here is a list of the top 4 street cars.

1. Jason Hunt 88 crx 9.87 @ 151 Rev-hard manifold
2. Brian Fischer 95 civic hatch 9.97 @ 148 InlinePro (I think)
3. Brian Ballard 91 crx 10.19 @ 142 Full-Race
4. Matt kellar 95 civic hatch 10.2 @ 147 ( I dont know) lol
5. Jason Hunt 97 civic coupe 10.25 @ 147 Rev-hard Cast

In racing every HP counts, but you have to make that HP work with you. Power isnt everything.

Old 12-18-2003, 12:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hatch4urSnatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

these are how bandwagons and bad recommendations start. people recommending a product they have no first hand experience with whatsoever yet, pass on this hearsay. </TD></TR></TABLE> Well it was never going to be a "bad" reccomendation, lovefab's mani aren't exactly megabucks. And they are obviously not hindering performance. You sir/mam can stick that bandwagon up your ******. Theres only so much you can experience first hand.
Old 12-18-2003, 12:13 AM
Better than steak

You cant go wrong with either manifold. I have never seen cody's stuff up close, but people tell me its nice. Ive seen full-race stuff and I really like it too. Plus John at FR is one of the best welders Ive seen, even at that young of an age.

Anybody want to send me a free LoveFab?

art
Old 12-18-2003, 01:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbozxi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Well it was never going to be a "bad" reccomendation, lovefab's mani aren't exactly megabucks. And they are obviously not hindering performance. You sir/mam can stick that bandwagon up your ******. Theres only so much you can experience first hand.</TD></TR></TABLE>

if you don't have first hand experience, then you shouldn't recommend it because quite frankly, you are talking out of your ***. you are basing your recommendations out of someone elses experience and not your own.

now, how is this a good recommendation? you don't know if the dyno graph is even legit, has even been altered, has a personal bias, etc. who's to say when you get the manifold on your car, the results do not live up to your expectations or hype based on someone elses results. (ex: AEBS manifold)

don't get your panties in a knot just because you're the type to jump on "the next big thing," because you heard this and you heard that.
Old 12-18-2003, 04:17 AM

Brian Ballard doesn't have a full-race mani

Old 12-18-2003, 06:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: inline pro or lovefab? (onetwothree)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by onetwothree &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Brian Ballard doesn't have a full-race mani

</TD></TR></TABLE>

not in the picture he dosn't
Old 12-18-2003, 06:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Arturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">With the full race or even love-fab you will ultimatly make more power. But I ask myself, How much more? Here is a list of the top 4 street cars.

1. Jason Hunt 88 crx 9.87 @ 151 Rev-hard manifold
2. Brian Fischer 95 civic hatch 9.97 @ 148 InlinePro (I think)
3. Brian Ballard 91 crx 10.19 @ 142 Full-Race
4. Matt kellar 95 civic hatch 10.2 @ 147 ( I dont know) lol
5. Jason Hunt 97 civic coupe 10.25 @ 147 Rev-hard Cast

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Fisher is using inline pro and so is matt. Same car.
Old 12-18-2003, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hatch4urSnatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

if you don't have first hand experience, then you shouldn't recommend it because quite frankly, you are talking out of your ***. you are basing your recommendations out of someone elses experience and not your own.

now, how is this a good recommendation? you don't know if the dyno graph is even legit, has even been altered, has a personal bias, etc. who's to say when you get the manifold on your car, the results do not live up to your expectations or hype based on someone elses results. (ex: AEBS manifold)

don't get your panties in a knot just because you're the type to jump on "the next big thing," because you heard this and you heard that. </TD></TR></TABLE> Well buddy if you look at my post first you will see the word "should" yes in brackets.

If anyones jumping on a bandwagon here its you, the anti bandwagon bandwagon.
Old 12-18-2003, 09:34 AM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: inline pro or lovefab? (zumb18)

I had an equal length and I did not notice quicker spool up, more midrange, or more top end over my cast log manifold. Guess what manifold the new set up is getting?
Old 12-18-2003, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: inline pro or lovefab? (DIRep972)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DIRep972 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I had an equal length and I did not notice quicker spool up, more midrange, or more top end over my cast log manifold. Guess what manifold the new set up is getting?</TD></TR></TABLE>Equal length? It looks purdier
Old 12-18-2003, 12:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: inline pro or lovefab? (DIRep972)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DIRep972 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I had an equal length and I did not notice quicker spool up, more midrange, or more top end over my cast log manifold. Guess what manifold the new set up is getting?</TD></TR></TABLE>

we dont know... why dont you tell us

Quick Reply: inline pro or lovefab?