Notices

Injectors not working?

Old 08-06-2007, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injectors not working?

Well as some people know, i blew up my b18c from idiotic reasons. So i went ahead and bought a b16a longblock. In the process of rewiring a few things and putting the motor in, i ran into a problem.

I installled the turbo kit that i used on my b18c on my b16a. Everything work fine and the injectors worked too when my b18c was running. So i try to start the car up, but it doesnt. I get compression, spark, but no fuel. Now i hear my fuel pump prime and i get fuel threw my FPR. But i dont get any fuel into my injectors. Im using DSM 450cc injectors and wired up the resistor box. Also keep in mind that it worked fine on my b18c.

First off i checked over the wiring and thats fine. Then i checked too see if i get an voltage and i do. I also tryed to see if my stock b16 injectors would work, but they dont. i get fuel pressure too. Anyone know whats wrong or have this happen to you?
Old 08-06-2007, 09:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Injectors not working? (Dyno247)

bump!! need my car to run!
Old 08-07-2007, 05:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

need more info on your setup
Old 08-07-2007, 09:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Injectors not working? (HarfordCTR)

So you verified voltage at the resistor box, as well as at each injector? You can also check the resistance between the box's voltage in, and each resistor out. You then just verify continuity from each injector plug to the ecu.

If the problem isn't wiring, you have to be getting some type of cel or your troubleshoot is bad.

Unplug one of your injectors, take a spare injector, plug that in and hold it in your hand, then have some attempt to start the car. Be sure you don't feel the injector clicking in your hand. You can even put some wd40 in the tip, when the needle clicks it'll splash the wd to help you see it working. This will allow you to be positive the injectors aren't working.

Post your setup (obd of motor, year of car, ecu being used etc)
Old 08-07-2007, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Injectors not working? (RC000E)

I did not try it at the resistor box, but i did at each injector plug. sorry, for me being so broad. i have a 00 civic hatch which is obd2b. i swaped in an obd1 b16a from HMO. Right now im running a chipped p28 with an obd2 to obd1 ecu harness. i had to rewire my dizzy plugs from my engine harness, from obd2 to obd1.

I know that my troubleshooting is working because i forgot to plug in my ecu fuse when i was trying to start it up (after i did compression check) and my cel came on. I
Old 08-07-2007, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, assuming that you have the appropriate OBD2-b jumper and no plugs hanging at the ecu (you never know anymore with some of these dudes), then it's either:

Wiring to the resistor
Wiring from the injectors to the ecu
Wiring from resistor to injectors
Main relay
Wiring for the dizzy plug. This is unlikely though because the ecu should still be able to start the car in limp, despite faulty sensors/sensors wiring.
ECU

The three sensors internal in the dizzy allow the ecu to time the fuel injection, if you have an issue (wiring there) that could lead to non-working injectors.

You stated your heard the fuel pump cycle, but to be clear you should hear:

Key on position, on distinctive click bringing on the engine light with fuel pump on, followed by another distinctive click shutting the engine light off. If you don't have two distinctive clicks, even with the pump priming, the relay is still the issue.

Also, be sure to attempt to start for over 7 seconds, as the ecu will only kick some codes after a period of seconds on a failed start. If your getting no codes, then I'd check the thermostat housing ground, and start busting out the diagrams.

The fuel injection system is pretty straightforward and simple, shouldn't be a hard fix.

If all fails, swap with a known good ecu, unless for certain the ecu you have is known good.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Injectors not working? (RC000E)

Alright well i know its not my...
Main relay because i hear the 2 clicks when the CEL goes on then off.

Its not the ecu cause i tryed 2 different ones and the same thing happened.. Unless they are both messed (unlikely though).

Cant be the dizzy plug becuase i get no codes.

Cant be my resistor to injectors, checked out the volts and the wiring is fine.

Cant be my wiring to resistor. Unless some how the soder broke off, but i rechecked all the wiring.

What i think the problem is, is the thermostat grounding... i dont think i have anything that grounds to it. What wires do i ground it to? thanks for all the help so far!
Old 08-08-2007, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nope not the thermostat grounding. Already have that grounded. Maybe its my resistor box... i could have cracked it? While swaping in the new engine harness. Tomorrow i will have to pick up a new one at a local junkyard and see if thats the problem. Any other ideas?
Old 08-10-2007, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump for more info!