Notices

injectors???

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default injectors???

can i use obd1 injectors on my 90 jdm b16a?? if not can someone point me to a place that sells pre obd injectors please thnaks if i had the clips from a obd1 could i hard wire them in???
Old 03-01-2004, 11:54 AM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Received 662 Likes on 524 Posts

Not unless you're using an OBD1 ECU, or you somehow remove your resistor box.

OBD0 injectors [peak and hold, or low impedance] will work in OBD1 cars, IF you use a resistor box. Obviously, OBD1 injectors [saturated, or high impedance] will also work with OBD1 setups.

RC sells good peak and hold injectors.
Old 03-01-2004, 12:20 PM

Default Re: (DaX)

I had a OBD1 motor and used DSM injectors. To use the DSM injectors you have to use OBD0(white plug) injector clips. This might be a different situation tho.
Old 03-01-2004, 01:27 PM

Default Re: (dainteg)

you can run the saturated injectors on a peak/hold setup but you cant run peak/hold on saturated setup unless u use the resistor box.....I ran 92-95 injectors in my crx on the stock motor for a year and a half, U dont have to change the clips you just have to modify the clips, there are little plastic catches on the inside of the clips that match up with the injectors just cut them out with a utility knife and it will slide onto any injector and still snaps into place, takes 5 minutes to do easier than changing them....I have obd1 clips and modified them to clip on my dsm injectors (peak/hold)......Just buy injectors for a dsm and they will be peak/holds if thats what your looking for which by the sounds of it you are....and then you just modify the stock injector seals and wam bam yur in business
Old 03-01-2004, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TravSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TravSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you can run the saturated injectors on a peak/hold setup but you cant run peak/hold on saturated setup unless u use the resistor box.....I ran 92-95 injectors in my crx on the stock motor for a year and a half, U dont have to change the clips you just have to modify the clips, there are little plastic catches on the inside of the clips that match up with the injectors just cut them out with a utility knife and it will slide onto any injector and still snaps into place, takes 5 minutes to do easier than changing them....I have obd1 clips and modified them to clip on my dsm injectors (peak/hold)......Just buy injectors for a dsm and they will be peak/holds if thats what your looking for which by the sounds of it you are....and then you just modify the stock injector seals and wam bam yur in business</TD></TR></TABLE>

Very interesting. I always thought a resister box would control either peak/hold or saturated injectors. I recently swapped in some saturated injectors into my 90 teg to try and get it started up. Needless to say it didn't work. Could this be because of my 3 bar map sensor? Will the stock ecu control it? I can easily swap back to the stock map but before I do anything I want to make sure that is my problem. Thanks,

-Ryan