Injector Problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injector Problems

Hi

i'm having injector problems. I'm running 4 3.3ohm resistors one on each injector,my car runned fine on 650cc RC injectors and 1000cc RC injectors with 12ohm or something resistors but i bought 1680cc SmartFireInjectors and the car was not running on all cyl and my tuner found out that one injector was bad so i got 2 new ones from SmartFire but when i installed them the car was fine after 4k rpm but under that it only fired on three cyl so i contacted them again and got a new set, installed them and the car fired up on all four but not clean and quickly started only fireing on three so after driving down the block and back i smell'd something and it was one of the resistors heating the tape around it so it burned. i got a new resistor and again the 3 cyl that was not working, i compression tested the motor and it's okay. change the ignition and tested that it's getting ignition if i start the car the resistor on cyl 1 starts to heat up and cyl 3 is not getting fuel

the next step is getting a multi meter and measuring the injector plug on cyl 3

do you guys have any idea what it could be. could the injector drivers be bad or the ecu it's self. i have a chipped p28 tuned on crome pro with Hi/Lo boost switch, boost by gear if that does matter
Old 03-29-2013, 08:46 PM
DO IT ON ALL FOURS

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: Injector Problems

These junk injectors are already well known in the domestic world for being pure garbage. There is a reason for the one year unlimited mile warranty... Did you know you can buy those Chinese injectors for $10-14 a piece? At that price he can send you a dozen new ones and still make money off of you. The injectors stick open so fuel dumps instantly from the time you turn the key on until you turn it off. You will almost always have failures right out of the box. Also, the life cycle on them are extremely short as well. There are cases of people blowing engines due to random injector failure/seizure.

THROW THEM IN THE TRASH AND STOP BEING CHEAP, BUY SOME REAL INJECTORS!!!