The infamous check engine light!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2003, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The infamous check engine light!

I have a 2000 GSR with JRSC on it with intake, header, exhaust, stock fuel rail and injectors, JRSC fuel pressure reg., JRSC FMU, MSD wires, NGK colder plugs, JRSC fuel pump, JRSC BTC, JRSC map sensor, and the timing has been retarded a little back on the distributor cap. Runs fast, beat a lot of cars(even V8's), but the damn check engine light is still on. Is it on because OBD II and all the mods are throwing ecu off whack? I know my fuel is set right. No knocking or pinging. Also, when I got the code checked out by a technician with a scan tool, it showed the knock sensor code. I did accidently bust the knock sensor, and then put a new one on with the wire extended. The wire has been soldered cause before it was crimped and I thought that would fix it. Nope. But damn the car is fast and pulls hard. What could it be? There is a vacuum port that used to be connected to a vacuum canister underneath the stock intake manifold, but the JRSC instructions said to disregard that part and remove it and just plug the vacuum plug into itself as opposed to the vacuum canister. Please help. Thanks, sorry if too long to read.
Old 12-06-2003, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: The infamous check engine light! (2K Teggy)

It could be inaudible detonation tripping the sensor, but it's hard to tell if you've done some modifications to the harness for the sensor itself. Try ziptying the sensor way from the block with some foam over it. (connected to the harness) and driving. I don't think it will activate if it's not connected to anything. If that solves it, you have some issues there.. if not, it's probably a bad sensor.

Something to try anywya.