Notices

I'm such an idiot

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2002, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm such an idiot

Hehehe was hookin up my vafc today and i clipped the wrong wire... i was using a haynes manual to find out what wire was for the VTM wire (blue wire on vafc). The manual said it was a BLUE/BLACK wire. I realize now that I cut a BLACK/BLUE one, which coincidentally is the IACV wire . And in previous months i've had IACV and idle problems so when I first hooked up the vafc and the CEL came on i thought because of the iacv problems that it would cause it to throw a CEL. It was kinda late so I decided to retire and just try fixing it tomorrow. I go upstairs and flip thru the haynes manual again... i look for the IACV wire... it's black/blue, and vtm is blue/black... i'm like DOH!!!!!! so I'm gonna try fixing it tomorrw... just wanted to share my stupidity with the board tonite
Old 06-26-2002, 08:27 PM
New User

Default Re: I'm such an idiot (CivicRyda2k)

Hey, we all make mistakes. Just take it in stride bro.
Old 06-26-2002, 08:28 PM
Better than steak

Default Re: I'm such an idiot (97CivicFerio)

We all learn from our mistakes. Im my case Ive made many..

art
Old 06-26-2002, 08:30 PM

Default Re: I'm such an idiot (Arturbo)

at least u caught it right away, and it didnt put ur car outta comission for weeks while u tried to figure it out
Old 06-26-2002, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I'm such an idiot (CustomCockpits)

at least u caught it right away, and it didnt put ur car outta comission for weeks while u tried to figure it out
very true... btw anyone know wtf vtm means? i have no idea
Old 06-26-2002, 08:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: I'm such an idiot (CivicRyda2k)

I made the same(kinda) mistake installing my damn Oil pressure gauge.

I accidentially installed the voltage turn on lead to my air/fuel gauge O2 sendor wire.

The gauges were fine, but when my car turned on I immediatly got a CEL. The air/fuel gauge would not go past the middle amber light, and the oil pressure gauge simply didn't turn on.

I looked at the connection's again, saw it , switched wire's, and everything was good.

have a , and remember all the funny Damn 's you've done over the year's.

...Here's another one....Street Luging...Now I don't have a right hand pinky finger

[Modified by Bryson, 11:38 PM 6/26/2002]
Old 06-26-2002, 10:21 PM

Default Re: I'm such an idiot (Bryson)

Hey if everyones tellin mistake stories I got one.....

Today changing the coolant hose to the turbo with a new one (the one there was kinked a bit) in the middle of that my egt steelbraided line starts smoking under the hood for no apparent reason, in 2 different spots?!?!?! The culprit was a live wire touching the steel braided line which was touch the frame in those to spots... I have NO idea what the white wire goes to, because it was just crimped on the end and not attached to ANYTHING, was just shoved under a clip... I regret the ricer days having stupid **** installed years ago... thats probably where that random wire was..

Thankfully I didn't fry anything, the egt still works (BIG ::whew:: there), and the coolant line is fixed and pretty.....

...oh and I "forgot" to put the filter back on the turbo..... sounds so much better, I think I'm going back to mesh, my filter is old and dirty anyway, and 2 layers of mesh keeps the small animals and babies out right? :D :D