Notices

If i blow into the oil feed line should i hear it coming out the exhaust side?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2002, 05:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If i blow into the oil feed line should i hear it coming out the exhaust side?

Ok, you're allowed to laugh, I laughed myself when I tried it. I figured that as long as everything was torn apart I would blow through the oil feed line into the turbo just to make sure nothing had blocked it while it sat apart all winter. I can hear air escaping out the turbine side of the turbo, not alot and i can't really feel it but its enough to be heard. Someone please say this is normal because I just changed the piston rings in an attempt to fix an oil burning problem and i'm going to be pissed if it turns out to be the oil seal. Its a normal non bb turbo if that makes a difference.

...... ok, stop laughing now.
Old 04-17-2002, 06:20 AM
Trial User

Default Re: If i blow into the oil feed line should i hear it coming out the exhaust side? (QuickHonda)

you should hear air coming out the oil return side.. possibly the turbo air sides, since yo have no oil to cause the seals to seal up.... but thats just my guess...

put turbo and stuff backon.. run it... and take off the charge pipe and see if there is gross amounts of oil coating it down....
Old 04-17-2002, 04:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: If i blow into the oil feed line should i hear it coming out the exhaust side? (QuickHonda)

Mine did it.... but my turbo was from the junkyard. seems to be working good so far.
Old 04-17-2002, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: If i blow into the oil feed line should i hear it coming out the exhaust side? (RioNinja)

Mine does it too. You MAY get some oil that leaks past the seals...