Notices

Idea! Would save us all alot of time

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2003, 04:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idea! Would save us all alot of time

Everyone knows that there are a few simple questions that get asked over and over and over and time and again! We also know that there are some very well written posts on most of these topics for example, the clutch 101 topic, numerous afc hack topics, what motor is best for boost, what standalone should I get......the list could go on forever. My point being, is there any way someone could compile a list of these great threads into one post that would be like a sticky at the top of the Forced Induction forum? Just Links to the posts, not the posts themselves....it would be kinda like a frequently asked questions.......I know people should use the search button, but people simply dont do it. Instead they come on here and ask the same questions. Just a thought.
Old 02-07-2003, 05:51 PM

Default Re: Idea! Would save us all alot of time (genop)

I believe this was discussed like a month or so ago. It was a good idea then, but it never happened. I have no idea why either.
Old 02-07-2003, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

To add on to your idea. You could maybe do like we have over on Audiworld. We have a tech session where people write up good tech articles with pics and what not. Everything is broken down into catergories such as engine, suspension and so on. Then you can easly find what you are looking for.
Old 02-07-2003, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if people are too lazy/don't know when/how to search, what makes u think that they will look at the FAQ first?

mike
Old 02-07-2003, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Idea! Would save us all alot of time (MikeMAN)

It would still be good to have there for refernece. Also, some of the info that you will get from a search isnt what I would call accurate.......by screening the posts and only putting true info on the FAQ we would know people are getting good info. Alot of people get confused because one post will say one thing while another post will say the complete opposite.
Old 02-07-2003, 08:12 PM

I actually want to do this, but i am currently tied up with school. But i graduate at the end of the month(Feb) and maybe i will start sometime in March. I have been thinking about this idea for a couple of months, but have never had time.
Old 02-07-2003, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Idea! Would save us all alot of time (DeepSi)

well ****, if we can get a moderator behind the idea I'm sure it wouldnt be that hard. Just have to put some links on a post.......there would probably even be people willing to write some nice tech articles....
Old 02-07-2003, 08:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea, i agree..i wasn't trying to be a smart ***..i know it would help ME for sure..

mike

p.s. i can contribute the monster links list :D

Old 02-07-2003, 10:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Idea! Would save us all alot of time (underpressure (wtbimport))

To add on to your idea. You could maybe do like we have over on Audiworld. We have a tech session where people write up good tech articles with pics and what not. Everything is broken down into catergories such as engine, suspension and so on. Then you can easly find what you are looking for.
i've seen this on other boards as well and it seems to work very well. good idea to bring this topic up again. i feel like i would learn more by browsing through them in my freetime whether i had a specific question or not. it would simply be a nice reference all around.