Notices

IC Pipe with DownPipe

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2002, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IC Pipe with DownPipe

Hey, for those who owns a greddy kit for civic, u guys will know better

I am going to put on custom IC, and the pipes will go around each side
but i was just looking at the pipe that comes out from the turbo, i was thinking of twisting it around and make it turn to the right (my right, not the car), but then i don't think it will work, coz the downpipe is just right beside that pipe
what can i do?

in other words, how should i route the pipe that comes out of the turbo to the right?

thanks

[Modified by xbird, 1:03 PM 7/5/2002]
Old 07-05-2002, 02:08 PM

Default Re: IC Pipe with DownPipe (xbird)

i also have a fully custom kit,i also was woried about the same thing,if you loosen the comp housing and then turn it just a little it will help to clear it,the other thing i did was after everything was cut and welded i took a hammer and bent in on the downpipe a little,then i bent in the intercooler piping a little,not much,just enough to make it clear nicely,i welded brackets to my piping so i could bolt it down tight,i just bolted it down so that it would clear good,i a have about a 3/4 inch gap between the 2 pipes and i have heatwrap on the dp and reflective heat tape on the intercooler piping.
Old 07-05-2002, 02:11 PM

Default Re: IC Pipe with DownPipe (civictypenos)

so that means i won't be able to NOT bent it and run it right??

do u have any pics?
bending the DOWNPIPE and that IC pipe will be pain in the *** man...
so now ur IC pipe is below the downpipe, right??

where did u get that reflective heat wrap??

Old 07-05-2002, 02:17 PM

Default Re: IC Pipe with DownPipe (xbird)

the pipe runs right in front of the downpipe,just below the a/c comp and the a/c fan,i didnt really bend it much,more like put a dent in them so i would have some extra room,the real good thing i did was put the bracket on there,that away i could pull the pipe towards the fron of the car away from the downpipe,then bolt it down,i made the bracket on the inside of the u bend where it wrapped around the front end and screwed it to the frame section ,i got all my reflective tape and heatwrap from summitt.like i said,i have close to 1 inch of clearence using 2.5 inch dp and 2.5 inch intercooler piping and i retain my a/c with my tubular manifold.this picture wont show you much,but its all i got for now till i get a digi.
Old 07-05-2002, 02:23 PM

haha that pic shows me nothing but a nice turbo setup haa

i think i got the idea, but mine is different,coz the downpipe is JUST RIGHT NEXT to the turbo outlet

but i will figure it out, hopefully

what did u use for ur bracket??

thanks for the clear explanation
Old 07-05-2002, 02:42 PM
TheHater

the pipe runs right in front of the downpipe,just below the a/c comp and the a/c fan,i didnt really bend it much,more like put a dent in them so i would have some extra room,the real good thing i did was put the bracket on there,that away i could pull the pipe towards the fron of the car away from the downpipe,then bolt it down,i made the bracket on the inside of the u bend where it wrapped around the front end and screwed it to the frame section ,i got all my reflective tape and heatwrap from summitt.like i said,i have close to 1 inch of clearence using 2.5 inch dp and 2.5 inch intercooler piping and i retain my a/c with my tubular manifold.this picture wont show you much,but its all i got for now till i get a digi.
Out of topic but nice engine pics