Notices

I need some help with tuning? HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some help with tuning? HELP PLEASE

ok ill try to help explain what is going on as quickly and detailed as possible...

so everyday lately i have tried to butt dyno tune my car to get it as close to perfect as i can before i throw a wideband on it here soon. my issue is my car feels like it is heat soaking and getting slower by the minute. i can go from my original setting to a different one and back and the orininal one that worked alright in the first place but now feels worse thank the second did compared to my first run. i just replaced the distributor, my plugs look brand new some how (denso iridiums gapped to .030) my fuel pressure says 32psi static, and i am running the hack on a b16 del sol with a t3/t4. my timing is set at 16 tdc and i am runnign a walbro pump to feed the dsm injectors. i noticed that when i start driving more agressively after it gets to normal temps it will rev to 4500 and then immediately feel like it hits a wall it bogs down so badly. afterwards maybe about 2 minutes after i will try the same task again but it will studder at about 3k as boost kicks in and then bog afterwards. my tial is set to 4.35psi (i know its low but its to get it running so i can tune to get everything on a "base map" so to speak. full throttle runs are impossible it just bogs out and partial throttle is fine but ofcoarse wont boost because of the lack of load. no matter what settings i have it at it just doesnt seem to want to go anywhere quick. below 3500 it pulls well but once boost kicks over and starts taking the car it falls flat on its face (its getting embarassing).

do you think my resistor box is bad? what about injectors? boost leak? exhaust leak? vafc? please help guys anything would help me out greatly, if you need more imput please feel free to ask. thanks.

marshall