Notices

I need some ECU help

Old 01-07-2006, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need some ECU help

Guys I'm a nissan guy so I need some help with an integra.

I have a friend who's been shafted by the person who built his car up. He's no longer around and I've been given the task to get his car running the best it can.

So far this is what I know I'm working with.
94 integra with a semi built motor. When I say semi I'm told he's got a fully built GSr motor (he payed for a fully built motor.)but I've had the oil pan off and from what I've seen he's got SRS forged pistons and judging by the casting on the rods stock rod.
Unconfirmed are the ARP rod, main and head bolt. and I'm not sure what head gasket.

He knows he's been bitched slapped but He knows he can trust me to do it right and I'm willing to help him out.

NEXT up.
We have an 18G turbo with a greddy intercooler kit. Decent exhaust manifold and Greddy intake manifold. AEM fuel rail and regulator with standard RC injector (crossreferance the apart # shows about 310CC??????????? sounds odd would think 370CC)HELP

The GHETTO part. The guys got it set up with a FMU (MY GOD) NO tuning.

That's where I'm starting.

He needs more fuel I'm sure and timing need to be taken care of.
I've installed a W/B and he was running alittle lean. raise the FMU and it helped alittle. I had him get and I installed a walbro fuel pump. Looked like one was in but I replaced anyways.

Here's where I stand and need help
I know I can run 12PSI but he needs more Fuel and less Timing. (am I right or wrong that the FMU is half *** for this setup.)

I'm going to have him get bigger injectors and I need an ECU option. I need something preprogramed for the set up he's running. I'm not interested in something that I have to tune.
Like I said I'm a nissan Guy and we have people like jimwolf and enthalpy do mail order ECU tunes. IS there anything like that for Honda? Who is the best with a competitive price. I'm looking for a PLUG and PLAY ECU.

Everything else seems solid. I have to built a custom exhaust seeing as the guy looks like he used parts of the stock exhaust to built the catback. I'm thinking of making a 2.5" or 3". What do you think?????????

Any Help would be great. My Biggest Issue is choosing a ECU.
Please help not only me but the guy with this car. He's feeling bad enough after hearing all the things that wasn't done to the car and all the things that should have been done to the car.

Thanks

Old 01-07-2006, 04:03 PM
i HAS questions ?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: I need some ECU help (body80)

Cheapest ECU solution would be some of the freeware stuff from http://www.pgmfi.org. You have to do all the tuning yourself or pay for it to be tuned, i.e. setting up all the fuel/ignition maps. I guess you could wideband it on the street, tune the fuel map that way and then just use a step retard for the timing under boost, but you'd be better off tuning it or having it tuned on a dyno. In that case, Hondata and Neptune are also options that are out there. Darin Dichiara at Titan Motorsports tunes Neptune, give him a call, I think most tuners include the hardware and tune for a pretty reasonable price.

Your friend might also want to look into getting some big injectors, DSM 450s would be the cheapest but a larger set of saturated RC's would be the easiest (no resistor box cutting/splicing).
Old 01-07-2006, 08:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I need some ECU help (body80)

Check out http://phearable.net
I am only an about an hour from you