Notices

Mid Build Up Dilema

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2001, 07:26 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mid Build Up Dilema

Hey guys, could use your input here.

Just finished doing some shopping today, picked up a FAL fan, DC fuel rail, Aeromotive regulator, Moroso oil pan w/ stud kit and pickup, and the GReddy remote switching system. These are all things I needed in my eyes. I also finally paid for my block (thank you Vince for your patience!), and purchased the Quaiffe from Fast94GSR (thanks man).

Anyway, I pretty much have all the hard parts I need for my set up now. I am now missing bearings, a few seals, a head gasket, driver's side motor mount (anybody got a GSR aluminum one for a good price?), carrier bearings, and misc fittings and braided lines. There are some other things I still need, but alas, funds are running short.

Here is my setup, for those wondering:
1995 GSR block
resleeved by Golden Eagle to 84.5mm
Endyn 9:1 pistons
Crower rods
Balanced crank
ARP head studs
Moroso oil pan and pick up.
GSR head
Toda cam gears
Skunk2 intake manifold
DC fuel rail
550cc injectors
Bosch pump
Aeromotive External regulator
Hondata stage 4b
MSD 6a with blaster2 coil
new OEM wires
DRAG Gen 3 kit
T3/04e .54 trim, .63 A/R
Ball bearing upgrade
XS Engineering GTR core
ArTurbo Downpipe
Tial upgrade
GReddy Profec B with remote switching
Apex boost and EGT guages
Greddy turbo timer
3inch Apex-i N1 exhaust
FAL fan
Fluidyne radiator
Quaiffe differential
ClutchNet stage 3 clutch
OEM 12lb flywheel

I think that's about it. My target is 350-375 streetable whp (in high boost of course) at around 15psi on pump gas.

Now, on to my question - am I missing anything? I would like to get the following things: I really want to upgrade my oil pump ($200). I need my head worked for the 84mm bore. I want to upgrade my axles to Accord outers for better strength.

Your input is appreciated
Old 09-19-2001, 08:02 PM

Default Re: Mid Build Up Dilema (VaporTrail)

Hey VaporTrail, I suggest getting a good oil cooler. Maybe you already listed that.. sorry if you did (my eyes are tired after 8hrs of school and 4hrs of test reviews!). BTW, you didn't mention piston rings.. which are you getting? An oil pressure gauge would be nice to have too.. or even an oil temp gauge. Of course these are not a neccesity and can be added later. Other than that, your setup sounds like a sure screamer! Oh, what are you gonna do about axles? With 350whp I'm sure you'll need good axles.
Old 09-19-2001, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Mid Build Up Dilema (dc2jdmhonda)

Yeah John.....Just give a little attention to your head and that puppy is perfect. Up Oh yeah...send me some pics of the FMIC on your car.

Turbo_EF@yahoo.com

Jason
Old 09-19-2001, 08:23 PM
New User

Default Re: Mid Build Up Dilema (Blown90hatcH)

when I have pics, I'll send them. Currently, my digi is DOA It's ******* huge though. What do you suggest I do to the head besides opening the combustion chambers and deburring?

I had thought about an oil pressure gauge, and that is somethign I want. Alas, no fundage right now. Who knows as time goes by, it could become an option. I'll probably do the axles. An oil cooler would be really nice, but when you see the FMIC, you'll too wonder where I would fit it.

[Modified by VaporTrail, 12:24 AM 9/20/2001]
Old 09-19-2001, 08:26 PM
New User

Default Re: Mid Build Up Dilema (dc2jdmhonda)

I have ITR valve springs that I was debating on putting in. Dunno yet. I can score some titanium retainers pretty cheap, I may do that.

How much have I spent? When I'm done, including the car (94 Civic EX), wheels, suspension, stereo, yada yada, 18k. Hoping for 12's full interior on drag radials