Notices

I called AEBS today.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I called AEBS today.....

I've been waiting with baited breath for LS headstuds to be released by AEBS. I was bored at work, so I called them to find out when to expect a release:

"Yo!"
"hello, is this Advanced engine breathing sys-"
"Yeah, whattaya need man."
"Wow. Okay, well i'm stationed at offutt air force base in nebraska, and a lot of people i know are wondering when to expect the LS headstuds to be released."
"What LS headstuds?"
"You guys aren't making any?"
"Hell no man, nobody does straight LS setups anymore. Everyone puts the VTEC heads on LS motors now."
"Wow. well thanks for your--"
*click*

Never in my life have i been treated so poorly. I have added AEBS to my shitlist of companies. It's not long, but I have already had 3 companies blacklisted by the Department of Defense....meaning that any DoD employees (military or civilian) are forbidden from patronizing them. I'll be starting paperwork for the same to happen to AEBS when I return from leave. Excuse the language, but for ****'s sake people. That has to be the worst example of customer "service" i've ever seen.
Old 05-26-2004, 12:38 PM

Default Re: I called AEBS today..... (G2 Pilot)

Just goes to show there are some dumb *** people out there.

Im gonna have to put Ground Control on the spot and praise their customer service. Its top notch, and profesional. Best business dealing ive ever done.

For Ground Control

You should call back and bitch some more..."Yo".
Old 05-26-2004, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

call Camp1320.com he has LS headstuds from ARP$105 shipped. Im sorry for the bad service experenice. Camp1320 service = 5 stars
Old 05-26-2004, 01:39 PM
New User

I am sorry about your bad experience with AEBS. I had called them a couple of times in the past, once when I was rebuiling my motor, I have AEBS B16A headstuds BUT I lost 2 of the 12 point nuts and washers. I had some ARP headstuds in my garage and compared the nuts to each other, the colors were EVER soooo slightly different. I called and spoke to Paulus Lee directly and asked if they were the same, he said he was unsure BUT he would send me like 3 nuts and the washers for free next day air. I needed to get my motor together and me and the machine shop determined the nuts were the same at least and I put it together with my extra ARP nuts and washers. to Paulus Lee for that for his superb customer service. Apparently you got an employee who just didn;t give a ****. That sucks.
Old 05-26-2004, 01:41 PM
OG triple OG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: I called AEBS today..... (Blueprint)

ya aebs has horrible customer service. BUT their quality of work is unmatched

they have my block and i constantly get the 1 more week excuse . its been a month and they told me a 1 week turnaround time . so we shall see how long i have to wait.

you can have it blacklisted all you want , its not gonna do anything . im in the military too and only times ive seen that work is a buisness that is in a military town.
Old 05-26-2004, 02:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I called AEBS today..... (Hella_JDM)

that's what you get for trying to build and LS! hah!
Or, i could be that you get all emotional cuz you stuck at Offutt AFB> The place sucks and so do the speed shops around that area. gEt treaded like and ***. oh yeah, get the ARP head bolts if you want.
Old 05-26-2004, 03:39 PM

Default Re: I called AEBS today..... (System-7)

first off, i chose offutt because it's close to home and my dad is dying of cancer, you inconsiderate ********. if you don't know the whole story, it's obviously best to not comment on it else you make yourself look like an ***.

second, with what the ARP studs cost I was hoping to be able to install them and have them torque down correctly the FIRST time, not have to remove a bunch of crap and torque them down again later. that and the design of the AEBS studs is a lot better IMO than the ARP's, so I was hoping to be able to use the advanced design on my engine too.

but i guess as long as there's a ricer market, that's all they'll make the parts for.

kinda like the valve covers i found on ebay the other day. finally found some aftermarket LS valve covers that didn't cost $300!!! guess what....they ****** say DOHC VTEC!!!

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?
Old 05-26-2004, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by G2 Pilot &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">first off, i chose offutt because it's close to home and my dad is dying of cancer, you inconsiderate ********. if you don't know the whole story, it's obviously best to not comment on it else you make yourself look like an ***.

second, with what the ARP studs cost I was hoping to be able to install them and have them torque down correctly the FIRST time, not have to remove a bunch of crap and torque them down again later. that and the design of the AEBS studs is a lot better IMO than the ARP's, so I was hoping to be able to use the advanced design on my engine too.

but i guess as long as there's a ricer market, that's all they'll make the parts for.

kinda like the valve covers i found on ebay the other day. finally found some aftermarket LS valve covers that didn't cost $300!!! guess what....they ****** say DOHC VTEC!!!

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?</TD></TR></TABLE>

wow, judging from your attitude...sounds like you havent gotten laid in awhile(or ever)...

honestly...why would you go through the hassle of posting this bullshit... who cares if they dont make ls headstuds... get them somewhere else.....better yet.. get that paperweight off you block and put a vtec head on it, u will be much more happy in the long run.
Old 05-26-2004, 03:56 PM

Default Re: I called AEBS today..... (Dturbocivic)

actually i'm married and get it every night AND every morning. i just don't like when people spout off negativity when they don't know the whole story. especially when it involves family.

as for the vtec option, you go ahead and send me a free b-series vtec head that needs no work to equal the power i'm going to get from my ls turbo setup and i'll put it on the block, sound fair? if it's not your money, don't tell me how to spend it, dumbass.
Old 05-26-2004, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dude you gotta relax, I can understand what it's like to have a bad day..

Anyway, Aebs probably decided not to make studs for just the ls motor because not many people looking to make serious power these days run an ls head. The vtec heads flow much better and have more potential. I would hardly say it's a ricer market. It's like people out there starting with a d-series motor and trying to make as much power as a b-series.

-Mike
Old 05-26-2004, 05:00 PM
OG triple OG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: I called AEBS today..... (SlowTeg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SlowTeg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's like people out there starting with a d-series motor and trying to make as much power as a b-series.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

like me muahhaahha
Old 05-26-2004, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ahahhahahahaahhahahah what a joker...ahhahhahaaha
Old 05-26-2004, 06:04 PM
Trial User

Default Re: I called AEBS today..... (Dturbocivic)

wow.. lots of drama today..

i dont think its nessessary to get them on your list or whatever..

i called them last summer to get some info getting some of there sleeves installed and they guy was GREAT on the phone, i forget his name now but he told i should send the block to a guy in CT so i didnt have to pay the shipping costs to send the block out to CA.. great customer service in my opinion and they guy the referred me to had great customer service as well also!
Old 05-26-2004, 06:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I called AEBS today..... (Boostfedb18c1)

Its understandable you had a bad experience, but this thread isnt going anywhere...