Notices

Turbo kit Question!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Turbo kit Question!!!

I have a Skunk2 IM on my 2000 Integra GS-R. I've been browsing around for different turbo kits like the Greddy Turbo Kit and Turbonetics Turbo Kit, and was wondering if it will work. The stock GS-R intake manifold sits alot lower than the Skunk2 IM.

So will it work or do I need to get a Type-R Turbo Kit instead of a 00-01 GS-R kit?

Sorry... i'm a noob when it comes to Forced Induction.
Old 05-26-2004, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Turbo kit Question!!! (Skunk2nR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Skunk2nR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a Skunk2 IM on my 2000 Integra GS-R. I've been browsing around for different turbo kits like the Greddy Turbo Kit and Turbonetics Turbo Kit, and was wondering if it will work. The stock GS-R intake manifold sits alot lower than the Skunk2 IM.

So will it work or do I need to get a Type-R Turbo Kit instead of a 00-01 GS-R kit?

Sorry... i'm a noob when it comes to Forced Induction.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The charge pipes for a type r would fit w/ a skunk2 im. I would go custom instead of a kit. Thats what I am doing now. You can get all of the parts that you want,, you dont have to put up $3000 at one time and it will most likely be cheaper than a kit. Kits also dont come with good fuel management so you would most likely want to sell the fmu and use something like hondata, uberdata, or aem ems. The only good thing i see with a kit is if you dont mind spending the extra money to get everything at once and dont plan to up the boost or if you want to stay carb legal and get a greddy kit w/o an intercooler.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Turbo kit Question!!! (Skunk2nR)

i had a stock GSR intake manifold, put the charge piping on, then a few months later i got a skunk2, and the charge piping fit fine, only problem was the BOV hitting the hood, but the BOV was located in kind of a wierd place anyway.