Notices

How are SSAUTOCHROME INTERCOOLERS?????

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How are SSAUTOCHROME INTERCOOLERS?????

I am looking into getting their kit for my d-series turbo project because it is cheap and comes with everything needed.

I know that they make **** turbos and manifolds, but has anyone had experience with their intercoolers?

Let me know please
Old 02-28-2005, 04:40 PM

Default Re: How are SSAUTOCHROME INTERCOOLERS????? (civic-rmod)

I believe their IC's are just OBX IC's. I have an OBX cooler and it's doing just fine.
Old 02-28-2005, 04:43 PM

I've seen a bunch of these threads here already on the intercoolers...really mixed reviews. The thing is turbos need to built well because they rotate so fast. Manifolds carry a lot of heat and movement stress, but intercoolers don't really have a lot of stress put on them. They just need to flow well, which these aren't the best, but will do the job for cheap. Take it like that since many people don't have enough time with them to actually test em'
Old 02-28-2005, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How are SSAUTOCHROME INTERCOOLERS????? (adseguy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by adseguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've seen a bunch of these threads here already on the intercoolers...really mixed reviews. The thing is turbos need to built well because they rotate so fast. Manifolds carry a lot of heat and movement stress, but intercoolers don't really have a lot of stress put on them. They just need to flow well, which these aren't the best, but will do the job for cheap. Take it like that since many people don't have enough time with them to actually test em'</TD></TR></TABLE>
how do you know if they dont flow well?
Old 02-28-2005, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if i were you id spend the money on somehting more reliable and well-built. ive read countless threads about their lack of fab skills. the manifold break really quick and the turbos have been know to split at the seam of the compressor housing. its just my .02 but i wouldnt buy one.

i just bought a really nice bar and plate intercooler for like 280 shipped. great construction and really strong/clean welds. i can send you the link to one if you want. let me know.
Old 02-28-2005, 05:36 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civic-rmod &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
how do you know if they dont flow well?</TD></TR></TABLE>

http://www.are.com.au/techtalk...ofile

If you take the time to read it all (more knowledge) you will see all the problems this intercooler has......not too bad, but still there is better out there it is your choice. Like I said it will work and probably won't break, but if you want cheap and good my option goes for Johnnyracecar.com
Old 02-28-2005, 05:45 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by adseguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://www.are.com.au/techtalk...ofile

If you take the time to read it all (more knowledge) you will see all the problems this intercooler has......not too bad, but still there is better out there it is your choice. Like I said it will work and probably won't break, but if you want cheap and good my option goes for Johnnyracecar.com</TD></TR></TABLE>

definately go with johnnyracecar.com

he even has a backdoor intercooler now
and the option to have the ic anodized.......he gets a plus from me
Old 02-28-2005, 05:50 PM
I'm a Jackass

Default Re: How are SSAUTOCHROME INTERCOOLERS????? (Evanmb44)

dont give your bisness to them they suck
Old 02-28-2005, 06:11 PM

Default Re: How are SSAUTOCHROME INTERCOOLERS????? (DumpeDc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DumpeDc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dont give your bisness to them they suck</TD></TR></TABLE>

hmmm....have you done business with them?

If so what have they done that is so bad... I have heard nothing, but good from there service (seriously). I doubt you actually did do business with them so you are just ranting on the bandwagon. I'm not saying I would buy a turbo or manifold from them, but don't say they suck when you don't have experience.

I'm getting off topic on this (my bad), but look around at other places and know what your cars HP goals along with budget those are the 2 factors that matter in choosing an intercooler! GL
Old 02-28-2005, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Evanmb44 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

and the option to have the ic anodized.......he gets a plus from me</TD></TR></TABLE>
what are the benefits of a backdoor intercooler?
Old 02-28-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Re: How are SSAUTOCHROME INTERCOOLERS????? (5litereater)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by osuhunter07 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey everyone I got a little bored so I took my autotap and hooked it up. I had massive misfires so i had to test it out and see which cylinder it was. So i decided to run the car. At cruising the AIT was 75. at 10 psi my AIT was 81-82. So i see like a 6-7 degree increase in air temp at 10 pounds. Seems like it works well to me!! If anyone wants the autotap file to look at it I can email it to you. Just wanted to share some numbers

P.S I was an idiot and didn't put on RPM. D'OH!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thread Here

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by F8L Z71 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Paint or not the OBX FMIC dropped my IATs from low 200s to low low 100s on the same PSI with only a 10deg diff. in ambient temp.

Cruising IATs went from 120deg to only 10-15deg or so above ambient. IE in 78deg weatrher my IATs were 120deg. In 65deg weather my IATs were 80deg, sitting still idling.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thread Here

There's a lot more on LS1tech.com.

Old 02-28-2005, 08:00 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civic-rmod &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
what are the benefits of a backdoor intercooler?</TD></TR></TABLE>

No benefit..it mainly used on hatchback so they don't have to cut the bumper. It just means the input hose is facing the rear of the car instead of the front
Old 03-03-2005, 03:55 PM
I'm a Jackass

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by adseguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hmmm....have you done business with them?

If so what have they done that is so bad... I have heard nothing, but good from there service (seriously). I doubt you actually did do business with them so you are just ranting on the bandwagon. I'm not saying I would buy a turbo or manifold from them, but don't say they suck when you don't have experience.

I'm getting off topic on this (my bad), but look around at other places and know what your cars HP goals along with budget those are the 2 factors that matter in choosing an intercooler! GL </TD></TR></TABLE>

damn big guy look at you saying that the ssautocrome products are good when clearly you have had no expearince with them. why event post this bull **** trying to bag on me and then you make your little coment stateing you hurd nothing but good things abought'em. Well you dont know **** kid. And ya I was running a ssautocrome manifold that cracked with in the first 2 weeks of use then later having the wastgate crack completly off going 80 on the freeway. It was a big bummer costing me the 200$ wastgate and the 300$ I spent on the manifold/downpipe. So all in all I have to say to anyone looking into these products stayaway
Old 03-03-2005, 05:03 PM

Default Re: How are SSAUTOCHROME INTERCOOLERS????? (DumpeDc2)

woaahhhh....wait a second.......I said there SERVICE was good NOT the products. I have seen people return bad turbos and get brand new ones...maybe they will work maybe they won't. That sucks that your manifold didn't work! I doubt it should have. but don't bash just to bash state what happened like you did BTW which has nothing to do with an intercooler . The intercoolers work, maybe not efficient, but an intercooler is not stressed like I stated.
Old 03-03-2005, 05:35 PM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 220 Likes on 197 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Evanmb44 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

and the option to have the ic anodized.......he gets a plus from me</TD></TR></TABLE>Same here....I haven't put on my FMIC from Tyrus yet... but I am sure it will do fine for my setup. Can't beat that deal...$235 shipped including brackets and bolts.