Notices

How much money do you spend keeping your turbo charged car on the road?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much money do you spend keeping your turbo charged car on the road?

On an average, how much money a year to you spend keeping that beast on the road. Before I even think about moderatley turbo charging my teg, i'd like to know how much maintanence the thing needs. I'd only want to boost about 7 psi on stock internals. I'd probably go with a reputable kit (drag maybe) and have a reputable shop install it. Thanks a lot
Old 06-01-2003, 04:57 PM
len
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: How much money do you spend keeping your turbo charged car on the road? (chris215chris)

I would recommend early oil changes. If you normally replace the engine oil and filter after every 3-4 thousand miles then you'll have to do it earlier to keep the turbo clean. Keep a close eye out on the various oil seals, which I recommend replacing before you install the turbo. Replace all the major oil seals so you don't run into any fluid leaks. The car will consume a good bit more gas because you'll be wanting to boost all the time. That's all I can think of. Anything else guys?
Old 06-01-2003, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How much money do you spend keeping your turbo charged car on the road? (len)

it cost me however much for 4 quarts of oil and a filter every 3K miles.

do it right the first time and you shouldn't run into any problems.
Old 06-01-2003, 05:23 PM

Default Re: How much money do you spend keeping your turbo charged car on the road? (dirtySOHC's)

you should be fine just remeber to do normal tune ups and oil changes. always keep an eye on the oil level and radiator overflow just incase. your gonna start spending more money when you want more power like i did. now the car hasn't been driven in a few days because of broken axle. oh well, but its worth it
Old 06-01-2003, 05:26 PM
len
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: How much money do you spend keeping your turbo charged car on the road? (dirtySOHC's)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dirtySOHC's &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">do it right the first time and you shouldn't run into any problems. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yup, new Oil Pump, Water Pump, Timing Belt, Drive Belts, Cam Seals, Crank Seal, Rear Main Seal, Distributor Cap, Rotor Button, Spark Plugs, Spark Plug Wires, Fuel Filter, Valve Cover Gasket, Spark Plug Tube Seals, Valve Cover Grommets, Main Bearings, Rod Bearings, Piston Rings and Pistons(if High Mileage). A full coolant flush and tranny flush. Check all the sensors and thermostat and check hoses for replacement.
Old 06-01-2003, 07:03 PM
Trial User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dirtySOHC's &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it cost me however much for 4 quarts of oil and a filter every 3K miles.

do it right the first time and you shouldn't run into any problems. </TD></TR></TABLE>

if you start taking shortcuts in the begining your bound to break someting with you ending up spending more money / time fixing it. Do it right the first time.
Old 06-01-2003, 07:09 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dirtySOHC's &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">it cost me however much for 4 quarts of oil and a filter every 3K miles.

do it right the first time and you shouldn't run into any problems. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ditto...except I change the oil and filter every 2k miles.