Notices

how to install a mbc boost controller

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 how to install a mbc boost controller

can any one give me in structions as in how to install my boost controller. i have one of the ones off of ebay. like could any one give me a diagram or which line goes to where. really would help me out. thanks
Old 03-02-2010, 03:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how to install a mbc boost controller

mbc to wastegate

mbc to vaccum source (vaccum box,fpr)
Old 03-02-2010, 03:12 PM

ok but i have a jdm waste gate. with 2 ports. one on the top and one of the bottom. which one do i use and wut do i do with the other one?
Old 03-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im new to boost as well how does the vacume all hook up? from the bov to where? and waste gate to where?
Old 03-02-2010, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it this one?

If it is or is similar, the side with the arrow pointing to it goes to the bottom of your wastegate, the other side goes to your IM.

If it looks like this - Other - then the side opposite the adjustment screw goes to the IM, and the lower part of the "T" goes to the bottom of the wastegate. Hope that helps.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:44 PM

nah it looks like this one here on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MANUA...item3a52ccc2b4
Old 03-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

On the boost controller, the side with the arrow coming in goes to the IM, the other goes to the WG. Just to make sure, the other, smaller one is just a T.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what the hell is a jdm wastegate??? just stop being cheap spend the money on a hallman pro mbc its like 100 bucks and its much better quality then that sweat shop made thing if you get the hallman you hook the wastegate to the side port and the bottom one to the turbo vaccum
Old 03-02-2010, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ekcoupeh22
what the hell is a jdm wastegate??? just stop being cheap spend the money on a hallman pro mbc its like 100 bucks and its much better quality then that sweat shop made thing if you get the hallman you hook the wastegate to the side port and the bottom one to the turbo vaccum

haha "sweat shop made thing "lmao
Old 03-02-2010, 07:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

JDM wastegate - wtf is that!?
i think youre referring to tial-type diaphram wastegate.

the top port and side side port.

you can connect this a millon ways.
you have to nunderstand how the wg works.
you can connect it via side port teed with top port
or side port only. and bleed of air on port of the mbc.

do you understand?
Old 03-02-2010, 08:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

JDM is a brand. A low quality ebay brand. On that note, what is the advantage to a Hallman vs. this "sweat shop made thing"? NOTHING. They are both spring valves. In fact, Hallman probably has theirs made in bulk in China, then shipped here. I made mine from Home Depot parts for less than $10. Functions exactly the same as ANY spring valve type mbc.

Running wastegate vac to the nipple on the turbo will give you a reading that is different than what you would get at the manifold. Piping, intercooler, and density increases all cause pressure drop. So, 10lbs at the turbo could mean 8-9 lbs at the IM. Always run vac to the IM.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:35 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

I've had a few 3000GTs being tuned with the Home Depot version. Didn't bode well for the car when the screw came out of there. *tsk* *tsk*
Old 03-02-2010, 09:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TheShodan
I've had a few 3000GTs being tuned with the Home Depot version. Didn't bode well for the car when the screw came out of there. *tsk* *tsk*
That's why I used 2 nuts. Set it, tighten nut to mbc, 2nd nut keeps everything from moving. $.10 would've saved them some headaches. And they should've noticed something was wrong when boost started falling off b/c the screw was backing out.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Atreidies
JDM is a brand. A low quality ebay brand. On that note, what is the advantage to a Hallman vs. this "sweat shop made thing"? NOTHING. They are both spring valves. In fact, Hallman probably has theirs made in bulk in China, then shipped here. I made mine from Home Depot parts for less than $10. Functions exactly the same as ANY spring valve type mbc.

Running wastegate vac to the nipple on the turbo will give you a reading that is different than what you would get at the manifold. Piping, intercooler, and density increases all cause pressure drop. So, 10lbs at the turbo could mean 8-9 lbs at the IM. Always run vac to the IM.
lol you must be jewish you cheap **** then so why dont you just put an ebay turbo on your car its the same thing if everything is the same as your saying lol you fail!
Old 03-03-2010, 07:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lol you must be jewish you cheap **** then so why dont you just put an ebay turbo on your car its the same thing if everything is the same as your saying lol you fail!
Racist much? I wouldn't use an ebay turbo b/c the seals blow out. I never said everything is the same. A simple mechanical piece with one moving part that can be assembled by your mother's retarded son with 3 fingers and no right hand? Cheapest possible solution. A precision engineered, 130,000 rpm, completely vital to the system part? Quality is priority.

The difference between you and me is this - You can't think for yourself. You don't understand how something works, so you can't decide what is quality. And where it matters. You spent $100 on a $14 part.

You know, your mom works too hard on her back for you to just throw her money away like that.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Racist much? I wouldn't use an ebay turbo b/c the seals blow out. I never said everything is the same. A simple mechanical piece with one moving part that can be assembled by your mother's retarded son with 3 fingers and no right hand? Cheapest possible solution. A precision engineered, 130,000 rpm, completely vital to the system part? Quality is priority.

The difference between you and me is this - You can't think for yourself. You don't understand how something works, so you can't decide what is quality. And where it matters. You spent $100 on a $14 part.

You know, your mom works too hard on her back for you to just throw her money away like that.
First off my mother died 3 months ago and if i ever met you i would shove the barrell of my .45 down your throat and not hesitate once to pull the trigger you piece of s**t and i can think of myself but this difference is its call good quality of parts im not about to go to home depot buy a bolt a piece of copper and make a boost controller why? have you ever heard of Research and develoment? companies pay millions for this to design a good working product so nobody has to go to home depot and ghetto rig some piece of ****.....BTW I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A ****ING BUS THE SECOND YOU STEP OUT OF YOUR HOUSE A**HOLE
Old 03-03-2010, 09:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

companies pay millions for this to design a good working product
Um...companies don't pay for it...the consumer does

For a part such as a MBC, Atreidies has the right approach. I understand where you are coming from. The $100 piece sure looks better, but the operation is the same.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

First off my mother died 3 months ago and if i ever met you i would shove the barrell of my .45 down your throat and not hesitate once to pull the trigger you piece of s**t and i can think of myself but this difference is its call good quality of parts im not about to go to home depot buy a bolt a piece of copper and make a boost controller why? have you ever heard of Research and develoment? companies pay millions for this to design a good working product so nobody has to go to home depot and ghetto rig some piece of ****.....BTW I HOPE YOU GET HIT BY A ****ING BUS THE SECOND YOU STEP OUT OF YOUR HOUSE A**HOLE
Sucks about your mom, but you step in an ant hill, you get bit. As far as you shoving a gun down my throat? No, really, I am. Almost want to tell you where I live. I've been thinking about getting a new gun, and a .45 would be nice.

You think ANY company spent millions to design a spring valve (which have existed since before R&D was even a term)? Wrong.

Oh, and there are no bus stops in my neighborhood. Buying a home is one of those things where quality is important.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:54 AM

i got mine hooked up right. but i guess the stock spring in the wastegate must be like 8lbs cause it makes max at 8lbs with mbc clossed. but when im into it it seems like when it getts there it hits a rev limiter and dont really want 2 move after that? wut do u all think this could be or a soluttion?
Old 03-03-2010, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

theres more to it than function.

yeah sure 100$mbc like greddy will probably work the same with you 10$ diy mbc.
but thats so cheap.

i wouldnt even bother telling my friends about it. id be ashamed of it!

anyway this is too much OT.

ur ebay mbc will work.
here's one way.
bleed type...
OPEN top port.
SIDE PORT, going to MANIFOLD.
CUT THAT HOSE. PUT A TEE. AND THE NEW LINE WILL GO TO THE ARROW OF THE MBC.
LEAVE THE OTHER SIDE OF THE MBC OPEN. you will bleed off pressure before you open the wg.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by speedfoxracing
i got mine hooked up right. but i guess the stock spring in the wastegate must be like 8lbs cause it makes max at 8lbs with mbc clossed. but when im into it it seems like when it getts there it hits a rev limiter and dont really want 2 move after that? wut do u all think this could be or a soluttion?
What do you mean? boost won't go above 8 psi? Tighten the screw on the mbc. You are tuned for more boost, right? You don't want to go higher than you are tuned.

Ralph - It's not a bleed type. It has a spring that stops the signal to the wastegate until the turbo builds enough pressure to overcome the spring. The pressure pushes the valve open and the WG gets the signal to bypass.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:38 PM

What do you mean? boost won't go above 8 psi? Tighten the screw on the mbc. You are tuned for more boost, right? You don't want to go higher than you are tuned
no i know i can turn it up. but like at the max 2 where i have my boost turned up 2 wich is 8lbs like when i hit it my car acts like its a rev limiter and dont want to rev any more really 4 some reason. wut could that possible be? cause it dosent stay at 8lbs of boost smoothly like it should. do u get wut im tryin to say?
Old 03-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What kind of fuel system are you running?
Old 03-05-2010, 02:33 PM

stock except fmu. should be fine wiht lil boost right? wut do u think this could be?