Notices

How To Hide Nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How To Hide Nitrous

Alright i tried search through the about first 15 pages of nitrous info, and i found one article where one person responded how to hide nitrous.
Im getting a nitrous kit shorlty, and I want to hide it, at least for the most part, anyone have any tips or anythign to help me do this, ive got my engine out right now so i would like to do it good. let me know, thanks
Old 08-22-2003, 12:25 PM
Trial User

Default Re: How To Hide Nitrous (jtintegra)

get a big subwoofer box... a light one if you can find it... put it in the box in the trunk and put just the front of the woofer on..

that should be sufficient...

with mine.. i just put a few things in the trunk.. and tossed a jacket over the top...

not that it will stop the cops from lifting the jacket...
Old 08-22-2003, 12:32 PM
New User

Default Re: How To Hide Nitrous (GSRwBOOST)

Didn't you see the fast and the furious, 5 sneaky pete' bottles under the passenger seat! j/k

Remove your a/c stuff from under the dash and mount the bottle under there...very easy!

Or the old skool ghetto way, get a gym bag, but a slit in the bottom and place the bag over the bottle, then fill the bag with clothes...lol so you can open the bag and it's full of clothes.

Old 08-22-2003, 12:52 PM

Default Re: How To Hide Nitrous (MaxBoost)

what about inside the engine bay where should i hide stuff there?
Old 08-22-2003, 12:53 PM
Trial User

Default Re: How To Hide Nitrous (jtintegra)

if your using just a standard spray nozzle.. then just stick it in the intake where recommended, just on the back side fo the intake tube.... so it cant be seen... and route the line down under the car along the body and up into the trunk.
Old 08-22-2003, 01:13 PM
I live under a rock

Default Re: How To Hide Nitrous (GSRwBOOST)

don't put it in the engine bay........ unless you like watching fireworks... it depends on how big of a bottle you have....... 10lb you can bolt to the bottom of the speaker deck in the trunk and get some luan or something light cut to size and paint it black
Old 08-22-2003, 01:26 PM

Default Re: How To Hide Nitrous (spoolinlude)

sneaky pete!
Old 08-22-2003, 03:10 PM

Default Re: How To Hide Nitrous (lazerus)

Get some stickers made so that it looks like one of those nitrous-bottle-subwoofer things. That would throw everyone off.
Old 08-22-2003, 03:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: How To Hide Nitrous (94TurboGSR)

split loom all the lines and e-tape the valves
Old 08-22-2003, 05:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dont let anyone peek in your trunk uninvited.
Old 08-22-2003, 05:27 PM

Default Re: How To Hide Nitrous (spoolinlude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spoolinlude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">don't put it in the engine bay........ unless you like watching fireworks... it depends on how big of a bottle you have....... 10lb you can bolt to the bottom of the speaker deck in the trunk and get some luan or something light cut to size and paint it black</TD></TR></TABLE>

Im pretty sure he was refering to the solenoids... btw nitrous isn's flammable guy. "ITS GAWT NAHZZZ" 2fazt y0! fireworks
Old 08-22-2003, 08:38 PM

Default Re: How To Hide Nitrous (nevin)

nope,nitrous is not flammable,BUT,i think under the hood would be too hot and raise the pressure past the burst disc level.

as for hiding your kit,why hide it.heres what i think you should do.run your kit like normal,keep your bottle in the trunk,hide a sneaky pete under your dash.then make it look like your bottle is unhooked,race them,show them the bottle is unhooked beofre you race,meanwhile you spray off the sneaky pete.then between runs,fill your sneaky pete with the bottle in the rear.just a ideal.
Old 08-22-2003, 08:50 PM

Default Re: How To Hide Nitrous (civictypenos)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civictypenos &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nope,nitrous is not flammable</TD></TR></TABLE>Uhh.... nitrous is a oxidizer... aka IT'S FLAMIBLE!!! How do you think it give you horsepower? It's like injecting more fuel at a very high octain into you motor with yourstock injectors cominsating for the added air the engine is suddenly taking in
Old 08-22-2003, 09:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How To Hide Nitrous (Sideout)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sideout &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Uhh.... nitrous is a oxidizer... aka IT'S FLAMIBLE!!! How do you think it give you horsepower? It's like injecting more fuel at a very high octain into you motor with yourstock injectors cominsating for the added air the engine is suddenly taking in</TD></TR></TABLE>

You are so utterly and completely wrong that I almost didn't laugh at your statement. Oxidizer huh? It's not flammable, and it has nothing to do with "very high octain". How it works is by cooling the air and fuel (extra fuel is added via one of the solenoids in a nitrous kit) to super cool temps so that it "shrinks" and is sucked into the cylinders via the normal operation of the motor, only now you're getting alot more fuel/air than you were before. It's more volume in the same amount of space.

Now that you know how nitrous really works, you can go tell all your friends and not feel stupid!
Old 08-22-2003, 10:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How To Hide Nitrous (PseudoSilvia)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PseudoSilvia &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You are so utterly and completely wrong that I almost didn't laugh at your statement. Oxidizer huh? It's not flammable, and it has nothing to do with "very high octain". How it works is by cooling the air and fuel (extra fuel is added via one of the solenoids in a nitrous kit) to super cool temps so that it "shrinks" and is sucked into the cylinders via the normal operation of the motor, only now you're getting alot more fuel/air than you were before. It's more volume in the same amount of space.

Now that you know how nitrous really works, you can go tell all your friends and not feel stupid!</TD></TR></TABLE>

lmao, nice chris

Looks like he watched FnF right before he posted.

only reason the bottle would explode in the engine bay is from extreme bottle pressure.
Old 08-22-2003, 11:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How To Hide Nitrous (Foozball26)

LOL you know me Damn...it's been like....6 years since I've used nitrous but I'm so sick of having a slow car again I might go get some soon. Fawk! I hate slow!
Old 08-22-2003, 11:29 PM

Default Re: How To Hide Nitrous (BoostinDC2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostinDC2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">split loom all the lines and e-tape the valves</TD></TR></TABLE>

drop the spare and dump the 10# tank in there... open your trunk to grab your jacket too so people can see theres no tank in there!
Old 08-22-2003, 11:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea, I used to feel the same (slow cars suck)

Im guessing by your name you have a 180sx 200sx etc?

drop an rb25 in there and have some fun
Old 08-22-2003, 11:46 PM

good job on taking out the noob Pseudosilvia

Its jackasses like him that get other noobies cars blown up.

If you have time, you should stop by http://www.az240sx.com I have a few friends on there that have done sr20det swaps. One of my friends did his to a G20, and another friend did a 90' 240sx. Good motors!
Old 08-22-2003, 11:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

PLEASE tell me you're kidding. You were right about nitrous not being flammable, but that's about it. Shrinking? More volume in same amount of space? Volume by definition is three-dimensional space. Do some research before you post misinformaiton. Here's a start: http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/T....html Sorry to come off sounding like a dick, but it's annoying when everyone is so quick to jump down other people's throats when they don't even know what they're talking about themselves.

Back to the original topic. If you're running a dry kit, it's really easy to hide. It all depends on how sophisticated you want to get. I ran the nitrous nozzle to the end of my cold air intake right by the filter. I ran the feed line from the bottle along the inside of the cabin. I drilled a hole and came out behind the side skirt and up behind the plastic fender liner. I then mounted the solenoids under the headlight behind the bumper. I ran the vacuum line for the FPR under the tranny and engine and came up behind the intake manifold. It's not going to fool anyone looking for nitrous that knows what they're doing. They'll just follow the vacuum line off of the FPR and find the tee. It will fool 95% of the people out there though. I have friends who have done way more elaborate installs, but I don't think they'd like me sharing their secrets. Back in the day, they challenged technicians from NOS search the car and they couldn't find it. No joke.

Tyler
Old 08-23-2003, 01:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: How To Hide Nitrous (Tyler H)

technically speaking volume is the incorrect scientific term, quantity should be used.

meaning a larger quantity of oxygen can be put in the same amount of space (volume) b/c of the density of the oxygen. IE colder.

most people won't know the difference between volume and other terms, but ya know.
Old 08-23-2003, 06:14 AM

how can N2O not be flammable, it burns in ur combustion chamber, but anyway, what n20 is, is it has something like 70% oxygen, unlike the 52% oxygen that ur engine gets, it increases the amount of O in the chamber and plus the nitrogen is at a higher consentration
Old 08-23-2003, 06:16 AM

o and do like they did in nascar a while back, put a full roll cage in, and have the cage pressurized with n20, then run a line to ur intake mani
Old 08-23-2003, 06:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (insanityworks)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by insanityworks &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how can N2O not be flammable, it burns in ur combustion chamber, but anyway, what n20 is, is it has something like 70% oxygen, unlike the 52% oxygen that ur engine gets, it increases the amount of O in the chamber and plus the nitrogen is at a higher consentration</TD></TR></TABLE>

the flammable part in the combustion chamber is the fuel, and the spark ignites it. But a fire cannot burn without oxygen, thats where the nitrous comes in. So alone n2o isn't flammable.
Old 08-23-2003, 06:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (Foozball26)

Buy a big plastic tackle box/tool box. Cut the bottom out and gut the inside trays. Fasten the box to the floor and hide the bottle in the box.

Quick Reply: How To Hide Nitrous