Notices

hooking up a turbo il supply line and oil pressure gauge?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hooking up a turbo il supply line and oil pressure gauge?

posted but got no response....

xs engineering kit due to go on in about 2 weeks...just rounded out the final batch of parts...one of which is a defi d gauge electrical oil pressure gauge.

the xs kit uses an adapter that one end goes to the block and the oil supply line taps in....at the other end of this adapter the factory oil pressure sensor goes in...as with most other kits

now..the defi gauge says to use the same type of adapter and use their oil pressure sensor on the tap and the factory on the rear end away from the block...

how am i going to pull this off? i know people have done it...can someone help? i was thinking of just doing two adapters the first bung closet to the block for the oil supply line....then on the second adapter have the defi sensor in the bung and then on the end have the factory sensor..

someone please help? pics would be gREAT
Old 03-23-2005, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hooking up a turbo il supply line and oil pressure gauge? (yehiknowrite)

Nah don't do that.

Get an oil filter sandwich adapter.

Like this:

http://www.importparts.com/sho...=2536

This is what I have on my car and it works great. It has 2 1/8" BSPT ports and an additional O-ring sealed port for something else (i.e. the greddy oil pressure gauge hehe).

Old 05-25-2005, 09:20 AM

Default Re: hooking up a turbo il supply line and oil pressure gauge? (dustin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dustin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Nah don't do that.

Get an oil filter sandwich adapter.

Like this:

http://www.importparts.com/sho...=2536

This is what I have on my car and it works great. It has 2 1/8" BSPT ports and an additional O-ring sealed port for something else (i.e. the greddy oil pressure gauge hehe).</TD></TR></TABLE>

is there any reason to use a block adaptor over a t fitting? I know t fittings have known to fail, but very few. But a block adaptor seems a bit expensive if t fittings are working just fine.