Notices

hooking up my water, boost and oil pres. gauge...what do you guys think of these locations?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 02:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default hooking up my water, boost and oil pres. gauge...what do you guys think of these locations?

Hi guys,

I'm still a month or so away from even starting the actual turbo install, but I thought I would knock out some of the small stuff. I'm gonna take care of several installs before the big turbo install. Things like my full race tracbar, EG half rad, fuel pump, battery relocate, and of course my gauge installs. Now I'm not a total nooB to working on turbo cars, it's just that this car is a lil different from my last turbo car and I wanna check and se if the locations I've picked are good.

In case anybody was wondering this is for my CRX w/ B18C with revhard turbo kit .

For my water gauge I was gonna get a spare water outlet, the one on the dizzy side of the cylinder head right below the VTEC solenoid. I was gonna take the spare one and enlarge and tap the bleeder screw hole. My Nordskog temp sender has a 1/2" and 3/8" NPT adapter so hopefully there enough of a flat spot for me to make a hole big enogh for at least the 3/8" adapter.

Now for my boost gauge hookup, I was worried about using the same vacuum nipple on my IM for too many vacuum sources. I'l probably use the nipple on my S2 IM which is between the #1 and #2 runner. I dont feel like running out to my car, but I think this is the vacuum source thathe FPR uses. So is it ok for me to run my BOV, WG, boost gauge and FPR to this one nipple?

And lastly my Autometer oil pressure gauge. I think I'll go ahead and install my Greddy oil sandwhich adapter now to get it out of the way. I guess I'll just mount the autometer pressure sender on the firewall somewhere and run an oil line from the sender to the Greddy plat. This one looks easy enough.

So what do you guys think?
Old 01-07-2005, 02:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hooking up my water, boost and oil pres. gauge...what do you guys think of these locations? (Blu

Hey again you guys,

I was also thinking that I could probably install my Moroso catch can too. I was looking at the pic I saw on xenocrons page, and I dont see any reason why I cant install it now.

What do you guys think about that?
Old 01-07-2005, 04:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: hooking up my water, boost and oil pres. gauge...what do you guys think of these locations? (Blu

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueShadow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So is it ok for me to run my BOV, WG, boost gauge and FPR to this one nipple?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I would recommend against T'ing too many things off of one vacuum source - not familiar w/ the skunk2 IM, does it have more vacuum ports available?

no reason you can't install your catch can now also!
Old 01-07-2005, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by notoriousB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would recommend against T'ing too many things off of one vacuum source - not familiar w/ the skunk2 IM, does it have more vacuum ports available?

no reason you can't install your catch can now also!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yah I heard it might be a bad idea using the same source for too many things. I could probably run a different T of the evap purge control solenoid. I guess since I'm gonna be hooking up my Moroso catch can I can use the PVC box to intake manifold hookup as well? even thought it is a tad bit large, could I use this nipple?

Also I forget, but was it the BOV or WG that is recommended you have as few other devices T'd along with it? I'm sure for both it would be a good idea, but I think it's the WG which is more important since it regulates the boost.

I'll probably go ahead and install my catch can too. I guess all my gauges will go in, along with moving my battery to the trunk. I might even start hacking my bumper to fit my intercooler and also mount up the turbo manifold and turbo. That I can figure out where my oil pan will need to be tapped and I could probably even get my downpipe completed.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

get a vacuum manifold, and tee it off the brake booster line
Old 01-07-2005, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (PrettyLude)

Thanks, I might look into getting one of those.

I was looking at the GE vacuum manifold and it looks like it comes with 6 usable ports in 1/8" NPT. I thought that I read on Robearracing's site that you had to drill out the holes yourself, but then the other part said they were already predrilled. Which one is it? are they predrilled or do I have to drill them myself?
Old 01-07-2005, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

they are predrilled
Old 01-07-2005, 03:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sweet, I guess I'll pick up a GE vacuum manifold from robear then.

Thanks
Old 01-07-2005, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BlueShadow)

is it ok to install a fuel pump before you are turbo'd i have the same plans i have just been hesitant to install the fuel pump thinking it might run me rich..i have a walbro 255hp if that makes a difference..
Old 01-07-2005, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dornon13)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dornon13 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is it ok to install a fuel pump before you are turbo'd i have the same plans i have just been hesitant to install the fuel pump thinking it might run me rich..i have a walbro 255hp if that makes a difference..</TD></TR></TABLE>

You should be fine.

The fuel flow will still be the same. However there are a few people that have done Walbro installs and they said that their fuel pressure went up about 10 PSI. But if you keep the stock FPR and stock injectors, your fuel flow will still be the same. Unless of course you end up being one of those people that mysteriously has their fuel pressure go up 10 PSI.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i will prolly go ahead and do it then since i have a wideband anyways
i dont have a fuel pressure gauge tho...well not yet lol thanks for the info man
Old 01-12-2005, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey I had another question abouthte GE vacuum manifold.

I'll probably be ordering one here pretty soon, but I'm a little confused about something. Robear has two fitting options for the vacuum manifold. I was just wondering what the difference is between the two, and which one I should get.

#1 fitting kit: one 3/8 Tee, six, 1/8 NPT x 3/16 barb - nylon

#2 fitting kit: one 3/8 Tee Nylon, six 1/8 pipe x 3/16 barb - brass

I was thinking that #2 would be the better choice since it has brass barb fittings. That way if I have to use tiny hose clamps to secure my vacuum hoses the barbs wont break. I'm just confused as to way the first kit says 1/8 NPT and the second one says 1/8 pipe. After looking at the Fitting thread in the archives, aren't NPT (nat'l pipe thread) and pipe the same thing?

TIA
Old 01-14-2005, 05:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump

somebody help please
Old 01-18-2005, 04:51 PM

Yea, I got the same question!! Bump
Old 01-25-2005, 01:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (maxvtec7500)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by maxvtec7500 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yea, I got the same question!! Bump</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey dude, I just thought I'd let you know I ordered the GE vacuum manifold and went with the fitting kit #2. Other then price I think the only difference would be in what type of material the barbs and tees are made out of. It looks like the nylon Tee connects the vacuum line coming from the brake booster and the vacuum line coming from the intake manoflid nipple. Then of course the third nipple on the Tee supplies the GE VS with the vacuum source.