Notices

Hondata tuner

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2003, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hondata tuner questions.....

I read all these threads about cars with similar setups being tuned with Hondata and putting up drastically different #'s. It seems like the tuner almost plays more of a role in power making than the actual components being used. What can possibly be done that is THAT different between others? I am wondering....does anybody know of any TOP NOTCH tuners in the WA., OR. area? My setup will be ready for tuning shortly and I want to make sure it is in good hands. TIA

-Ryan
Old 04-20-2003, 07:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Hondata tuner questions..... (Kwuaymaikrup)

The varying powerlevels you see are pretty much based upon what the person is using for a turbo kit, compression levels, and other changes to the engine components. Every tuner has his/her own way to tune, so every map is going to be different. The power levels will also vary from tuner to tuner. I like to keep things conservative on my tunes, which is the reason that somethings they arent the most power that I could have extracted.
Old 04-20-2003, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata tuner questions..... (boosted hybrid)

My compression will be relatively high (10:1) and I just want to make sure that the tuner isn't gonna do me the favor and melt a piston or something. Is there some sort of Hondata certification they have to pass to be able to be a "Hondata Tuner" or as long as they have the ROM editor etc. they can tune? So what you are saying is that pretty much any tuner will be able to give me good results? Thanks for the reply.

-Ryan
Old 04-20-2003, 07:45 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kwuaymaikrup &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My compression will be relatively high (10:1) and I just want to make sure that the tuner isn't gonna do me the favor and melt a piston or something. Is there some sort of Hondata certification they have to pass to be able to be a "Hondata Tuner" or as long as they have the ROM editor etc. they can tune?
-Ryan</TD></TR></TABLE>

Good question
Old 04-20-2003, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To be a certified hondata tuner, or one that is on their website you have to tune at least two cars, purchase a full s200 tuning system, give them your screen shots from hondalogger and dyno graphs from both cars. I will be "certified" or approved by hondata and put on their tuner list this summer after I get some more cars to tune.

As far as your compression goes, any compotent tuner should be able to handle it with no problems.