Notices

stuck deciding between power fc and hondata for engine management

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 09:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stuck deciding between power fc and hondata for engine management

i'm currently looking at getting either the power fc or hondata for my setup. Hondata has it's advantages such as better basemaps, easier to tune but the power fc has it's benefits too such as on the fly programming from the commander. I'm located in Houston so my tuners would be for hondata: PYR or Autologic (st00pid) and Power FC: Carboy. I've searched old posts and still could not come with a conclusion as to which management system to choose.
Old 06-23-2003, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: stuck deciding between power fc and hondata for engine management (avex)

I'd go hondata and have Jason from Autologic tune it. It's a proven system and he's proven himself as well. Can't go wrong there!
Old 06-23-2003, 09:39 PM

Default Re: stuck deciding between power fc and hondata for engine management (tony1)

I see, no faith in Carboy and their tuning methods? from what I hear Jason is one tough person to get in touch with nowadays.
Old 06-23-2003, 09:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: stuck deciding between power fc and hondata for engine management (avex)

I've tuned PowerFC and it's the suck...
Old 06-23-2003, 09:55 PM
I am a bad person

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: stuck deciding between power fc and hondata for engine management (Suprdave)

no comparison sorry. frank from sfp who tunes my car wont even touch a power fc. he tells them get hondata or another tuner.
Old 06-23-2003, 10:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: stuck deciding between power fc and hondata for engine management (MotorMatrix.com)

I have a power fc and I love it....on the fly real time tuning owns me...I can get on the dyno anytime I want or use my but dyno to tune out flat spots. It pretty much can control any aspect of the engine, and even controls boost with its optional boost controller. No need for rom burners or laptops needed and completely plug and play fro OBDII cars.

If you are good with dyno tuning...you can get the datalogit and you are set..self tuning all the way.
Old 06-23-2003, 10:15 PM

Default Re: stuck deciding between power fc and hondata for engine management (MotorMatrix.com)

your comments are helpful guys, appreciate it. I talked to carboy today for a little bit trying to get info about the power fc and they told me the stock map sensor on a honda can handle up to 1 bar of boost? sounds kinda iffy and makes me think about their car knowledge
Old 06-23-2003, 10:19 PM

Default Re: stuck deciding between power fc and hondata for engine management (MiraiZ)

haha If I could have that lady who tuned your power fc i'd be all over it/her in a heartbeat!
Old 06-23-2003, 10:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by avex &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your comments are helpful guys, appreciate it. I talked to carboy today for a little bit trying to get info about the power fc and they told me the stock map sensor on a honda can handle up to 1 bar of boost? sounds kinda iffy and makes me think about their car knowledge </TD></TR></TABLE>

Wouldn't use the stock map sensor if you want to boost that high. I am using the Power FC 3 BAR map sensor. It ensures a good smooth transition to boost. Futhermore, the stock map sensor will only support up to about 11psi...I was using one for a while and it was a bitch when it got up to about 11psi...the PFC will just start dumping fuel.
Old 06-23-2003, 11:12 PM

Default Re: stuck deciding between power fc and hondata for engine management (tony1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'd go hondata and have Jason from Autologic tune it. It's a proven system and he's proven himself as well. Can't go wrong there! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Definitely hit up jason if you're in houston for hondata tuning.
Old 06-24-2003, 01:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: stuck deciding between power fc and hondata for engine management (boostaholic)

st00pid + hondata = deadly combo. From what i've seen, he's one of the best tuners around if you ask me.

to hell with car boy if that's your other option.
Old 06-24-2003, 05:44 AM

Check out ITRCA.com. I think they were doing a hondata v. power fc tuning challange.