Notices

Hondata & Romulator Issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hondata & Romulator Issues

Anyone else have this problem? Just trying to avoid the $60 for repair on the fuggin romulator. I tried tuning a car on Saturday and Romulator simply would not work. Here is a good description of what it was doing.

I've been a hondata user for a number of years now and have recently had some problems with Romulator. I have an s200 system with datalogging and all. I hooked up romulator, created my rom that I needed in Romeditor V3.5xx. I use usb->serial cables to connect to the hondata box and Romulator. I've never had problems with them before. I connect to the Romulator on COM3, datalog on COM4. Romulator connects just fine in the settings menu. I tweak my rom image as such and successfully download my rom to romulator. The car throws a check engine light and my s200 box is blinking slowly. The manual says a slow blink is improperly inserted chip/emulator or bad rom. Well, it's not either. Can't connect to the s200 box thru hondalogger either.

So, I decide to burn the exact same rom image to a chip and I turn the key and no check engine light, s200 has a solid light and I can datalog in hondalogger sucessfully. I've never had any problems thru the tons of cars I've tuned before but this has me stumped. I can successfully connect to Romulator and download an image to it just fine but something is obviously amiss. Anyone got any ideas? I hope it's not a case of a bad Romulator. Does hondata repair/test Romulators for customers?

I have a feeling xtronics will say it's fine. If I use the xtronics software to load the .bin file to the romulator it says successful but I still get the check engine and unable to datalog problem. What gives? I have the exact same setup I've always had with the laptop, usb->serial cables and all. I'm really stumped.

Anyone else have this issue? Sending the romulator the only option? Before I take in the *** anymore from Xtronics, I thought I would ask.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata & Romulator Issues (ladysman)

Anyone have this problem?
Old 05-25-2005, 06:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hondata & Romulator Issues (ladysman)

Anyone?
Old 05-25-2005, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is why I sold mine...

I was having horrible connection issues, no matter what com port I used. I could down load the rom to the romulator no problem, but I could not get the car to run with it. I then just went and burned a chip with the same rom, and it ran fine.

Old 05-27-2005, 07:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Bryson)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bryson &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This is why I sold mine...

I was having horrible connection issues, no matter what com port I used. I could down load the rom to the romulator no problem, but I could not get the car to run with it. I then just went and burned a chip with the same rom, and it ran fine.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol, I have tuned many cars with the same everything. Never a problem until now. The wiring on this car was horrendous and I fixed some of it. I don't think this was the issue though. I am going to try again as I found out my romulator is fine.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ladysman)

your romulator is fried, it happens all the time
Old 05-27-2005, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (VIMPORT.COM)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VIMPORT.COM &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">your romulator is fried, it happens all the time</TD></TR></TABLE>

It just worked fine last night on a car I had previously tuned.