Notices

Is HONDATA right for me?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2001, 04:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is HONDATA right for me?

The Hondata system looks awsome, but is it worth it for me. I have a 1993 Civic Si with JRSC @ 6PSI, intake, exhaust, lower temp thermostat and colder plugs. I am DYING to set my ignition back to stock (still have it retarded at the crank). I was looking at the Stage 2B. Everyone seems to say that without the tuning the 2B isn't worth ****. But I don't have the loot to drop on the stage 4. I really don't have the loot for the stage 2 even, but if it is going to be significantly better than the JRSC MAP controller and BTC then I'd go for it. I have two goals: Relaible daily driver, VERY reliable. And also a quick car, nothing crazy, just quick. I'd like to see low 14's in the end. Can this time be achieved at 8 PSI? For someone like me, is the HONDATA system so great that it will provide me a real advantage with engine longevity and noticeable performance? I know it's better, there is no question about that. Or am I better saving money I don't have and going JRSC? Any advice is very appreciated.
Old 08-27-2001, 06:32 PM
New User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Is HONDATA right for me? (ck279)

the hondata allows you to tune your SC or turbo setup. I'm getting the 3b but you need to get to a person with a stage 4 who knows how to tune it and have access to a Dyno. I would have gotten the stage 4 myself but why bother when you need a dyno to tune it. i'm gonna drive 6hrs just to get to a hondata dealer/tuner. otherwise its not worth a penny.
Old 08-27-2001, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Is HONDATA right for me? (GruvyTune)

the hondata should be fine for your setup. Get the stage 2b and have someone tune it on a dyno with a widebad O2. You will need to get it tuned again if you make any changes, so I would recommend trying to get all the accessories like header exhast etc squred away before you get it tuned. It will save you a bit of money