Notices

hondata or chrome?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hondata or chrome?

i'm running a drag turbo kit on a stock internal gsr. the milage will soon reach 141k but it still feels and runs fine. i was told the key to making hp is fuel management and tuning. one of my guy knows how to tune chrome fuel management and advise i get one for my stock motor + turbo. i was thinkin more of hondata but don't quite know which one. s200 or s300? s300 more likely, i was checking out they site but don't know jack beacuse they all look the same, what will i need? i'm also running a stock exhaust, will this blow my gaskets due to back end pressure?
Old 09-06-2005, 07:06 PM

Default Re: hondata or chrome? (teddy_dc2)

Go with the hondata s300, pm me if I can help you out. The stock exhaust won't blow your gasket, just hurt your performance alot.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i got like 600 to play with, either the apexi n1 or hondata s300. i prefer s300, but does that come complete? like with wiring and everything? correct me if i'm wrong, s200 is socked to fit p28 meaning i will have to convert and s300 is an add on to ecu which will go along just fine with my p72? ( I already have a guy to tune if for me and will post my outputs later - we're hittin the tracks in a few days, i have really bad neg. cambers.)
Old 09-06-2005, 07:32 PM

Default Re: (teddy_dc2)

The s300 comes with everything you need, just need to socket your ecu and tune it, you can use the P72 no problem.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:33 PM

3" exhaust from KTeller.com (~$225), eBay muffler (~$80), Crome [[FREE]], Tuning (~$200 .. +/-).

Under 600 and you get both.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:39 PM
OG triple OG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (ccivic)

i did the same thing , kteller 3in and ebay muffler , i ****** love it it looks and sounds so nice.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i wanna do it once and do it right. it's not i don't wanna go cheap but i know what quality is when i see it. i have two guys, one with hondata and one with chrome. the chrome guy said it was alright but the hondata guy said he loved his. Q: can gsr make 300 hp on stock internals with proper tuning and fuel management?
Old 09-06-2005, 07:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Exhaust + Crome > hondata. You don't need hondata s300 to make power. All the important features of the s300 that you need come with crome and its free. If you got tons of money to spend then yes s300 is great(really not much better than cromepro imo), but some people gotta have what costs the most. If you want to make power though the stock exhaust is going to restrict you like crazy. I would use the money you save by going with crome and invest in a good exhaust.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:06 PM

Since you can't spell Crome right and obviously haven't read anything about it I say you pay the money for Hondata. I don't think you are ready for Uberdata or Crome. Don't be clueless and leave everything in the hands of a tuner. Do your research and make up your own mind.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (King Tut33)

Well hopefully his tuner knows what he is doing. Either way his car needs to be tuned by somebody whether they tune hondta or crome.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i see a few people run with just the fuel management unit, i got a really simple vortech 12:1 fmu that hooks up with the fpr, will this be fine under boost? i gotta friend running like this in a fc 13b, his oversize turbo is full boost at 5000 and it feels like there is not enough fuel, also his **** is not tuned. will i blow anything running with just this fmu??
Old 09-07-2005, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

FMU's are ggarbage and only help the fuel part of the equation...
Old 09-07-2005, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (.nate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .nate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">FMU's are ggarbage and only help the fuel part of the equation...</TD></TR></TABLE>
and only up to a certain point....fmu's just suck
Old 09-07-2005, 09:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SOHC_MShue)

crome all the way..and like everyone else said,with the money you saved, you could buy yourself a nice exhaust
Old 09-07-2005, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i'll put that into consideration. i wouldn't mind spendin a couple $$ to get a better engine management but don't really know how much better. if almost the same then yes crome would be a better choice, i been searching for crome pro and uberdata? where can i get more info?
Old 09-07-2005, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

crome

and where do you get crome pro?
click the registration link

do some more research. preferably somewhere that there are people who have used both (thats like a handful of people here). you will get more noise here than useful information.

Old 09-07-2005, 11:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

crome

boost comp
live tuning
soon to have anti-lag launch features

the list goes on...and much cheaper than a hondata s200 etc....i wouldnt even run a s300...if that was your choice...id just get neptune'd!
Old 09-07-2005, 02:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (drumking15)

try http://www.pgmfi.org
There are plenty of people there with xp in both uberdata and crome. From the reviews that I have seen many prefer crome. I have aem, but crome/uber are interesting and I think I will mess around with them on a side project or somethin.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (KeyserSoze)

hondata s300 greatly surpasses any oem ecu based engine management system.

Old 09-07-2005, 05:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mase)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mase &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hondata s300 greatly surpasses any oem ecu based engine management system.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

ive read enough on here to know that you know what your talking about,but comparing performance per dollar,which do you think is better?
Old 09-07-2005, 05:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (second edition)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by second edition &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ive read enough on here to know that you know what your talking about,but comparing performance per dollar,which do you think is better?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well comparing something like the new version of CromePRO and the S300, they both have a lot of the same basic and additional features. What it really comes down to is whether you want to try tuning CromePRO yourself or finding a dealer/tuner that deals with CromePRO/Hondata. With CromePRO you can contact any user willing to lend a hand, and you can find a list of them on the pgmfi.org.

IMO for a basic setup like a stock GSR with a DRAG kit CromePRO is a very cost effective solution. But that doesn't mean CromePRO isn't useable for more serious setups. There are a few posts on pgmfi.org on what some of the higher HP CromePRO users have done.

http://forum.pgmfi.org/viewtop...art=0
Old 09-07-2005, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (second edition)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by second edition &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ive read enough on here to know that you know what your talking about,but comparing performance per dollar,which do you think is better?</TD></TR></TABLE>

well it depends.

if you're a cheap skate who half asses everything, maybe you dont want to spend a couple hundred on hondata. chances are you wont have a car tuned to the potential it could be. some people wont know the difference, but as a tuner, why do i want to put my name on a car that is half assed with engine management? i dont want to tune an engine management system that doesnt perform to an engine's maximum ability, not to mention its much easier not to burn chips.

i want to use the most efficient and most effective system depending upon the application.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mase)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mase &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

well it depends.

if you're a cheap skate who half asses everything, maybe you dont want to spend a couple hundred on hondata. chances are you wont have a car tuned to the potential it could be. some people wont know the difference, but as a tuner, why do i want to put my name on a car that is half assed with engine management? i dont want to tune an engine management system that doesnt perform to an engine's maximum ability, not to mention its much easier not to burn chips.

i want to use the most efficient and most effective system depending upon the application. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I know every one worships the ground you walk on but, why do you think crome is half assed? All the time you see cars making globs of power on crome. My car is by no meaing half assed and im running crome. Sure i dont have enought money to waste hondata or pay for you to tune it. This doesnt make my setup half assed, or anyone's setup half assed.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Doing something yourself, well, is not half assed.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boosted Chemist)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boosted Chemist &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I now every one worships the ground you walk on but, why do you think crome is half assed? All the time you see cars making globs of power on crome. My car is by no meaing half assed and im running crome. Sure i dont have enought money to waste hondata or pay for you to tune it. This doesnt make my setup half assed, or anyone's setup half assed. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i have never in my life seen a car on crome or uberdata run as good as a car that ive tuned on hondata. when someone shows me, ill retract that statement. i couldnt even open or save a damn bin file in uberdata without getting errors, im not wasting my time when hondata works perfectly. sorry.

the only huge power car ive ever seen on the freeware programs is one that titan darin did. WOT is only about 20% of tuning. just because a program does a good job at WOT doesnt mean its as good as hondata in every other aspect. hondata is more rounded hands down. and with the s300, you cant even compare it to the freeware stuff now it has usb and no chip burning.

lastly, i stand behind originators. i dont like when people copy peoples work. ie. i hated it when people copied full race. and i def didnt like people 'borrowing' hondata's code. that alone is enough for me to stand behind companies like hondata, full-race and many others.

you are certainly entitled to your own opinion, just like i am. run whatever you wish.

Quick Reply: hondata or chrome?