Notices

Hondata 4b ECU code error 20 Flashing led

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2002, 01:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hondata 4b ECU code error 20 Flashing led

Hey guys, im on my 1st stages of turboing my b16a2 del sol ( Australia version) installing the hondata on my NA car before adding the turbo setup ( which is still on order )
Anyway the hondata reports a ecu 20 code which is Electrical Load Detector. What could that be ???

My problem is working out where this error has come from or what it means

Iv done the hondata install my self ( 1st time ever ) took me around 20 hours to get it correct... anyway honda loger shows error 20, when I use a stock hondata JDM b16 ROM. One thing I notice when I use this rom is the Engine Check light and the dash mount gear change light stays on.

When I run the stock ECU map and or shot out J1 which returns the ECU to stock, the engine check light goes off, but the red gear change light flashes very quickly like almost within rev's with my engine.. The more I rev the faster the light seems to flash (very quickly ) when i take my foot off the accelerator the light goes off.. then it starts flashing with the rev's once the car gets back down to idle. All this time with no Engine check light on.
The led is wired directly into the wires that run into the ECU on the correct spot, as noted in the install manual for hondata for OBD I ECU’s

It seems werid that this led light which is wired directly not interfacing with any part of the hondata system flash’s like this when the ECU is returned to normal…

B/w my ecu is a P30 anyone got any Suggestions ??

Kindest Regards James

Old 01-22-2002, 03:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hondata 4b ECU code error 20 Flashing led (BLKCRX)

Doug from hondata sent me a upto date rom, which removes the code 20 error, ! so if you ever have this problem... give doug at hondata a email, and he will help out... i sitll thow have a problem with the led gear/engine change led light is flashing very quickly because it seems to be picking up electrical noise when my engine is turned on. Its wired directly into the ECU wires like described for OBD 1 ECU’s. Any idea where this noise could be coming form or how I could filter it out form the led light ?

Anyone goes any ideas ?

Regards James