Notices

Honda Del Sol B16A3 with a t3 t4 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 10:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Del Sol B16A3 with a t3 t4 turbo

So I recently bought a t3 t4 turbo. Before installing what should I modify on my car. I have read to upgrade fuel injectors, fuel pump, ecu. Etc. But I want to be able to make these upgrades and not spend a whole lot of money. Or if possible a list of mods I would need. Please and thanks for any responses. Would appreciate the help.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:20 AM
It's wU to the sOLdiEr!

Default Re: Honda Del Sol B16A3 with a t3 t4 turbo

https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...post&t=1024174
Old 12-18-2013, 08:26 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

this sounds like an eBay thing.

read the FAQs. more than once.

you need things like a turbo manifold, intercooler and piping, downpipe, blow off valve, an upgraded clutch is a must... stock cannot take the extra torque, same with the stock fuel pump, you need a walbro 255 at least

then there's injectors and some way to tune the car (chipped Ecu) and if planning to run more than 10-11psi then you need a different map sensor
Old 12-18-2013, 10:05 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The turbo itself is only a small fraction of the entire turbo setup. Also, if you're looking to do this cheaply, the best method is to quit now because cheap=problems

Originally Posted by wantboost
read the FAQs. more than once.
x2
Old 12-19-2013, 08:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Read read read...just don't use an FMU do it right and get a full wideband tune done.
Old 12-25-2013, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thank you all. The turbo is a jdm sport turbo. If this can help with more and I hope it does thank you all and merry Christmas
Old 12-25-2013, 11:26 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

tells us nothing except that It's a piece of **** eBay/china turbo.

sell it, throw it away, just don't use it. it will fail andor break before your first oil change

look for quality used parts in the classifieds because when modifying cars, you've gotta pay to play and buying the cheapest **** out there won't cut it

cheap
reliable
fast

pick 2 because that's what your build will be
Old 12-25-2013, 01:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It has blow off valve, turbo manifold and intercooler also jdm sport. The thing is my car is double cam and both manifolds are single cam. Is there anything I can do? Like an adapter or some sort? Or do I have to change my whole exhaust system?
Old 12-25-2013, 01:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I bought off a guy and was used. It's not a eBay piece of **** I know what it is
Old 12-25-2013, 08:30 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

jdmsport is an ebay company that sells Chinese parts. It's a piece of ****. we all know what it is.

read the FAQs. a d series manifold will not fit a b series manifold no matter what you do

you can take our advice and experience and use it or ignore us because you read something on the internet.

the turbos fail, Tue manifolds crack, the wastegates fail due to subpar materials, half the time the blow off valves leak and don't work, causing a boost leak and surge.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ahhh okay man didn't know thanks. Well my b16 is double cam. Is there any websites that you can direct me too who can help me with this or sell these. A legit good turbo kit as well. And any places that I should start looking into that are also legit. Would really help man. Thanks.
Old 12-26-2013, 01:51 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

sell that **** back on eBay or try to get your money back from whoever you bought it from

first thing, before buying a single part. READ THE FAQS STICKIED AT THE TOP OF THIS FORUM. read them twice (you'll miss things on the first try)

if you are on a budget look in the FI classifieds in the marketplace (not the sponsor fs threads, yet) you can find numerous HT members trying to sell quality parts at fair prices, both new and used. you can also look in the FI sponsor forums as sometimes vendors have deals for HT members

I can point you to specific people but only after you've read the FAQs and have a decent grasp of turbocharging (they wouldn't be able to help you until that as you wouldn't understand a lot. it'd be gibberish lol)

but above all remember this
do it once, do it right

you don't want to waste money and time replacing Chinese components that break left and right.. tis a waste of your hard-earned money and for sure a damn good waste of time. not to mention the personal and public safety on the road should a Chinese part fail and cause an accident (seen it happen)
Old 12-26-2013, 05:24 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wantboost
sell that **** back on eBay or try to get your money back from whoever you bought it from

first thing, before buying a single part. READ THE FAQS STICKIED AT THE TOP OF THIS FORUM. read them twice (you'll miss things on the first try)

if you are on a budget look in the FI classifieds in the marketplace (not the sponsor fs threads, yet) you can find numerous HT members trying to sell quality parts at fair prices, both new and used. you can also look in the FI sponsor forums as sometimes vendors have deals for HT members

I can point you to specific people but only after you've read the FAQs and have a decent grasp of turbocharging (they wouldn't be able to help you until that as you wouldn't understand a lot. it'd be gibberish lol)

but above all remember this
do it once, do it right

you don't want to waste money and time replacing Chinese components that break left and right.. tis a waste of your hard-earned money and for sure a damn good waste of time. not to mention the personal and public safety on the road should a Chinese part fail and cause an accident (seen it happen)

I have to quote this...there's no better answer that any of us can give you.

You jumped in to a "turbo setup" without doing any research and bought a lemon. Ebay setups go by many different names, but ultimately they're all the same...cheap, worthless, rip-off trash. Also, thanks to not researching, you ended up with D series parts which dont fit B series. Your best option is to unload this current heap (craiglist, ebay, or dumpster) but at any rate, you have to start over. Even the small parts like the bov and wastegate need to be replaced. People have this notion that they can use some parts of the kit and replace others, but the fact is, not a single one of those pieces is worth using, if you want to build something reliable.

If you choose not to listen to us, that's your choice...we've been around turbo setups a lot longer than you, but if you want to ignore us for what some random guy or internet post says, be my guest. Read the FAQ...15 times. And when you've gotten a grasp of what needs to be done, check the www.hondamarketplace.com for parts and skip eGay/Craigslist ****.

Wantboost, you seem to be running out of patience lol...have one on me
Old 12-26-2013, 11:26 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

it always seems to be me that takes the time to answer then gets stuck in a "but this guy said" debate.