Notices

Hit Boost for the first time

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hit Boost for the first time

It was great. all the work to install the turbo kit was well worth it. At first i wasn't that impressed, then I down shifted on the highway and then....Bliss.
A couple of pipes + turbo + intercooler= a whole new ride.
Words can't explain how I feel right now.
Old 09-11-2004, 08:49 PM

Default Re: Hit Boost for the first time (SdGSR01)

wow I wish I could relate but since i've been waiting for 3 months due to bullshit I'm not boosted...yeah i'm bitter
but good luck with ur set-up
Old 09-11-2004, 08:58 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SdGSR01 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It was great. all the work to install the turbo kit was well worth it. At first i wasn't that impressed, then I down shifted on the highway and then....Bliss.
Words can't explain how I feel right now.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't expect that "bliss" to last too long unless you have some type of engine management and fuel upgrades.
Old 09-11-2004, 09:01 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SdGSR01 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It was great. all the work to install the turbo kit was well worth it. At first i wasn't that impressed, then I down shifted on the highway and then....Bliss.
Words can't explain how I feel right now.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's a great feeling huh.
My first time turbocharged wasn't so great, I was running "5.5"psi and couldn't feel a difference......One day while I was at work I had my ex take my car down to get a new cat (cant remeber why)...oh my that night after work the first time I hit boost I had a grin frome ear to ear for about an hour....it pulled like crazy (at the time i was used to I/H/E with a clogged cat).......I bet it would have ran a low 15 second quarter mile time, now it pulls a tad harder..... ........moved on to bigger and better things....congrats
Old 09-11-2004, 09:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hit Boost for the first time (vtecrob16a)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtecrob16a &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow I wish I could relate but since i've been waiting for 3 months due to bullshit I'm not boosted...yeah i'm bitter
but good luck with ur set-up</TD></TR></TABLE>

Same here man, I feel your pain
Old 09-11-2004, 09:22 PM
Brrraaaap!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Hit Boost for the first time (BB6-213)

I just need more $$$.... Something always seems to come up, keeping me from spending $ towards the stuff I need to finish off my turboing my car.... But I know when it all comes togeathor.... Its going to be unbelieveable....

:shivers:

Blaze
Old 09-11-2004, 10:08 PM

Default Re: Hit Boost for the first time (Blaze45)

I'm just running on the blue box and 310cc injectors. I can't wait till I get some tuning money, so i can throw in my hondata and bigger injectors. I had the Hondata and P28 in for the past two days and the car ran fine, but I put the blue box in so i can actually boost.
Old 09-11-2004, 10:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

boost is addictive.
Old 09-11-2004, 10:25 PM

Default Re: (j boy)

Hell yeah it is. I'm already plotting on how to get more boost, and it hasn't even been 24 hours.
Old 09-11-2004, 10:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (j boy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by j boy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">boost is addictive. </TD></TR></TABLE>

and an endless money pit
Old 09-12-2004, 06:49 AM

Default Re: (djfob)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by djfob &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and an endless money pit </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 09-12-2004, 06:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (vtecrob16a)

Just dont get too greedy with your boost..
I know youll get use to the car and it will feel slow again but just know as your spanking gt mustangs without even downshifting.. Your still fast
Old 09-12-2004, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you will get used to the power after a few weeks and want MORE POWER
Old 09-12-2004, 10:55 AM

Default Re: (dunkd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dunkd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you will get used to the power after a few weeks and want MORE POWER </TD></TR></TABLE>

agreed. I remember my first time hitting boost...right after i had it dyno tuned.. i was like wow i cant wait to see how this feels on the road.. and on my way home i wasnt boosting until i made it on the highway , then i gunned it and totally got thrown into my seat and i was like screaming lol WOOO... anyway yea i got used to it and now im looking for another 75-100 whp to add onto what im riding now.
Old 09-12-2004, 01:19 PM

Default Re: (J337_UNIT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by J337_UNIT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
i was like screaming lol WOOO..</TD></TR></TABLE>

HAHA!..i know what that's like!!...
Old 09-12-2004, 01:28 PM

damn i cant wait for that first boost...ive been buying/researching/working my *** of for almost a year pulling parts together for my internal build and turbo kit...i have everything but im broke for installation and tuning...oh well it wil lbe worth it in the end..
Old 09-12-2004, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the first time u really gun it in like 3rd-4th it feels like the fast and furious when they hit the NOS button and everything goes blurry lol... thats the best way to explain it
Old 09-12-2004, 04:06 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dunkd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the first time u really gun it in like 3rd-4th it feels like the fast and furious when they hit the NOS button and everything goes blurry lol... thats the best way to explain it</TD></TR></TABLE>

Try cruising in 4th then dropping it down to second...
Old 09-13-2004, 07:49 PM

Default Re: (b16ahybrid)

I'm taking it mad easy on the Teg until I put my Hondata back in, and get it tuned. Which will hopefully be in the next month. I did boost enough to smoke an ITR this morning though, it was wrong of me, but he started it. I seriously thought it would be harder to stay out of boost, and driveability would suck, but I was way wrong. Turbos are pretty damn nice.
Old 09-13-2004, 09:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dunkd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you will get used to the power after a few weeks and want MORE POWER </TD></TR></TABLE>

^exactly...got around 350whp under my hood and it's starting to feel really slow. i'm in need of another 100+whp.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:02 AM

Default Re: (shermanyang)

Man I wish I had 350 under the hood, I can't imgine wanting more after that though
Old 09-14-2004, 08:16 AM

Default Re: (SdGSR01)

i just boosted for the 1st time last night and today for a while. its a great feeling. first time i hit it in 2nd, let off at about 6-7k rpm, looked at the speedo and i was doin 50+ . i cant stop smiling.

for those of u that are in the process of getting boosted....
**** always seems to come up. i went from thinking my car would be done by the end of spring to finally finishing it now. its a lot of hadr work and frustration ( i was even starting to hate my car) but as soon as u finish, trust me, u wount regret it.
Old 09-14-2004, 09:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember the first time i drove a turbo car, it was mine to be shortly it was big upgrade from a d16z6 with I/H/E to a GSR with turbo. I didn't gun it till i got onto the highway. I was cruising in fifth, and then I was told to downshift to fourth and gun it. WOW!!!!!, followed by: WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!. Big grin. Next i was reminded to slow down cuz i was doing 120 already. whoops. 120 came up fast. lol

just yesterday, I was messing around with a GSR teg that has Nitrous in it. so glad i stayed off the bottle.

the greddy blue box runs really rich, I went crome chipped ecu after i had the safc hack for a while. have fun embarasing 300z's, 3000gt's, eclipse, mustangs, etc. I think only a late model chevy camaro SS and a svt stang gave me a hard time. then again, i can't complain: 1.8 vs. top of the line 300hp v8's
Old 09-14-2004, 09:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hit Boost for the first time (EM1 MIKE)

even with a fuel management system stuff still breaks. Hondata is okay, but not great. If you want your boost to last long i'd got with a MOtec 1st and an AEM second. Has any solved the issue with Turbo Honda's not being able to boost for long periods of time yets? thanx
Old 09-14-2004, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Hit Boost for the first time (System-7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by System-7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">even with a fuel management system stuff still breaks. Hondata is okay, but not great. If you want your boost to last long i'd got with a MOtec 1st and an AEM second. Has any solved the issue with Turbo Honda's not being able to boost for long periods of time yets? thanx</TD></TR></TABLE>

What do you consider long periods of time?

Quick Reply: Hit Boost for the first time