Notices

highest CC honda which is cheapest to build up...

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 05:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default highest CC honda which is cheapest to build up...

Which honda engine is the cheapest to build up yet has the highest CC?
I was looking to buy a h22 to drop in my CRX but only on the basis of eventually wanting to turbo or s/charge it... i have now decided due to the weak ringlands and sleaves this would begine to be quite costly due to re sleaving etc etc. So i am looking more and more down the route of a b18 or b20, possibly k20 (but dont know much about it) also I havent ruled out the b16 completely as long as cost of forged internals etc are somewhat lower this way I can spend more on it, i.e. cams, turbo, possibly Zydene. I want to gain experience of an engine swap be able to get the engine running right in N/A form and then look to improve it with FI. The engine in the car at the moment is a d16a9 (ZC) turbo and i just know its gonna blow soon and dont wanna be replacing it or re building it. My goal is 400HP. Any help would be great, thanks
Old 09-10-2004, 06:57 AM
NAstreetEH2

you're not gonna be able to do a k20 swap if you can't affored to even sleeve an h22..........

for 400whp...i'd say just get a GSR or LS/vtec... and be on your way. just make sure you have a GOOD tuner and don't have high expectaions for the engine to last long at that load.

and if you want 400whp it's obvious you'll have top go the turbo route. but take the money you wanted to spend on cams and DEFF go with rods/pistons. stock vtec cams are more than adequate to reach 400whp.
Old 09-10-2004, 07:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (NAstreetEH2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NAstreetEH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">stock vtec cams are more than adequate to reach 400whp.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

actually a buddy of mines here did 433whp with ITR cams on his GSR motor @ 20 psi

once he swapped in the stock GSR cams, he gained more torque on the power band, and just a few more horsies
Old 09-13-2004, 12:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (USDM 4G VTEC)

how much roughly is it to sleeve an h22? Im from the UK so finding parts and prices is difficult...
Thanks in advance
Old 09-13-2004, 03:25 AM
NAstreetEH2

Default Re: (djnikko)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by djnikko &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how much roughly is it to sleeve an h22? Im from the UK so finding parts and prices is difficult...
Thanks in advance </TD></TR></TABLE>

not really sure...over here it's around $1000 to sleeve blocks...but i'm sure shipping would be killer for you...

are there no UK companies that sleeve blocks?
Old 09-13-2004, 03:26 AM
NAstreetEH2

Default Re: (USDM 4G VTEC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by USDM 4G VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">actually a buddy of mines here did 433whp with ITR cams on his GSR motor @ 20 psi

once he swapped in the stock GSR cams, he gained more torque on the power band, and just a few more horsies</TD></TR></TABLE>

seems to me, that if he had tuned the Type R's better...he'd have made more power/tq. i can't recall any setup that's ever LOST power by going from GSR to Type R.....
Old 09-13-2004, 06:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NAstreetEH2)

so how much am i looking at for a built up h22 when i say built i mean...

sleeved block,
forged pistons
forged rods,
copper headgasket (slightly thicker),

.....just pricing on parts as i will do most of the work myself, apart from sleeving the block.

thanks in advance
Old 09-13-2004, 06:24 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (djnikko)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by djnikko &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so how much am i looking at for a built up h22 when i say built i mean...

sleeved block,
forged pistons
forged rods,
copper headgasket (slightly thicker),

.....just pricing on parts as i will do most of the work myself, apart from sleeving the block. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Talk to Benson for EVERYTHING you need
He can sleeve you a block and get you nice deals on the parts you want.
He can even put it togather for you if you decided not to.
There are many H-T sponsors that will give you some nice prices on pistons, rods, and bearings Just check out the sponsor section

ALSO&gt;&gt;You wont need a thicker headgasket once you get those new LC slugs
Old 09-13-2004, 06:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (si2die4)

unfortunately im from the UK so wont be able to use his services but am happy to buy parts from him if he is "in the know" when it comes to the h22
thanks for the reply